>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Password Protect

Im so unsure how to fill this out

Can anyone help?
I have no idea where to put my Page url i want protected ...and unsure wheres the correct place to add passwords an sign in Ill post here

Enter Password Protected Area

Username:

Password:

This code below is the one I neeb=d members to sif=gn into to get to page i want them to see

I just wanna know where i fil out properly sign in names an password.......as well where do i put my url

Ty in advance

Browser: IE

Re: Password Protect

what you have here is the normal sign in area that you place on a page then people put the username/password and then they enter into the password protected page through this login box area.

So let's say you have the main index page opan for your site and you want another page protected.

Then put this code on your index page as it is the gateway people need to gain access to your password protected pages.

But people may bypass this area and bookmark your page that they enter to with this code.

Their is NO place for putting a URL with this.

Read below it is from faq's area about the Password Protect area

How does the Password Protect service work?

From Bravenet Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
You must place the Login Form code on the page you want people to log in from, and add the Security Code inside the header of all the pages you want to protect.

A visitor will complete the online form and click on the "Login" button. The visitor is then shown the webpage that you selected to be viewed with that login.

The Password Protection system allows you to assign a username and password to pages, not people.