This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
*PLEASE HELP! Web developer requesting info

I am in the process of working with a web developer and he wants to add a software/plugin to my website which is hosted on bravenet.

Here is what he is requesting:

"We need CPanel access to see your existing code before we can provide a fixed time and cost estimate.
Ask Bravenet for the Cpanel login and password."

What exactly is that and how do I find it and give it to them?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony

Re: *PLEASE HELP! Web developer requesting info

Bravenet does not offer CPanel. Depending on the software they may be able to do it with your regular Bravenet log in or through an FTP account (details on the FTP tab).

Courtnie

Can I create some type of Guest Login to make sure they don't ruin the site or anything?

Thanks,
Anthony

What code are we talking about? Are you working with a "web developer" who is under the impression that a logon is needed to view the source code of your existing pages? Please, please tell me it isn't like that. But if the answer is "yes", find someone else.

It's someone I found on rentacoder.com he wants to help me add a "Live Scoring" feature to my website for Fantasy Sports Games... It requires API and some other stuff I'm not knowledgeable about... Basically what he said is in the first post of this thread. He wants to see the current files/coding.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Anthony

We have to make some assumptions by interpreting what you failed to say.

1. You ignore the possibility of simply giving him a copy from your own PC so we have to assume that you used an on-line site builder

2. If (1) is correct then you would have used static html for your site not a language such as PHP

3. Can grab the pages by using the "view source" or "save as" options in his browser.

4. If he thinks that Cpanel access is essential to access the code then, as Corwings says, you are hiring the wrong guy.

5. Why not just FTP the whole lot to your own PC, load it onto a pen drive and mail it to him?

Browser: Firefox3.6.12