This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Can't send to my Mailing List . . . again

I can't get to the "send" page to send my e-newsletter to my Mailing List. When I click to go to the send page, it just comes up blank and at the bottom says "done."

This is the same thing that happened at the first of the year. It had to be fixed by the Bravenet folks.

Can anyone tell me what to do? My newsletter is supposed to go out before the end of the month -- which is tonight. Help?

Browser: IE

Re: Can't send to my Mailing List . . . again

This is so frustrating. And I can't get Support because I'm using the free service. Bravenet is NOT going to work for me if I keep having this problem.

Is anyone out there listening?

Bravenet techs DO NOT LIVE HERE DIANE.

You can find someway to email them perhaps but yes with free services

Usually places where you have free hosting/services not much with Tech support.

But as said BRAVENET TECHS don't live in here this is just a general forum technical issues will get dealt with when they can.

Courtnie may pop in and post in morning or something to you but if will let you contact them someway is all can do at this moment.

Re: Can't send to my Mailing List

Kevin, I do not expect Bravenet techs to live there. If I sounded rude, I so apologize. I did not intend to be rude or demanding. Guess I came across that way. -- I'm just desperate. And panicky because the newsletter contains dated material and needs to go out and I feel helpless to get it out.

If you have or know of an e-mail for Bravenet, would you please share it? I haven't been able to find one.

Now that you mentioned her name, I remember that Courtnie was the person who helped solved the problem last time this occurred (end of December/first of January). I hope she, or someone, can help solve it again.

I haven't heard from anyone yet. May I expect someone to check in soon?

Thank you,
Dianne

As said Courtnie on occasion does post here but it is the weekend. They are not around much with the weekend.

So as said she may check in here as sometimes if something warrants she will post.

But as said Bravenet is not watching these areas like hawks but have seen as said Courtnie respond sometimes with what is asked fairly quick.

She is pretty much regular one from bravenet have seen post here.

As don't know much on your issue from before and I know how important it is to you to get it out but be aware weekends don't expect responses quickly.

Hi Dianne,

Are you still having this issue?
What version of IE are you using?
Are you able to try in another browser? It sounds to me like something on your end is preventing Bravenet from loading the page.

Also, what method are you using to send your newsletter?
Email Builder
Plain Text
Custom HTML
Email Theme Wizard

Courtnie

Hi Courtnie,

So good to hear from you. Sorry for the delay in getting back--I'm traveling this week and don't often have internet.

I use Internet Explorer, but just now--at your suggestion--tried Google Chrome and it doesn't work either. Same problem.

I use the Email Builder - Create and Send and then Create HTML. I have my newsletter all loaded. I can click on the bar at the bottom that says "Prepare to Send" and then I get a blank screen. It SHOULD be the screen where I can tell it to send to my list, but nothing comes up. It just sits there blank. So I can't get to the bar to send the e-mail.

Thanks for any help you can give me. This happened at the end of the year, if you remember and if that helps any.

I should have internet access tomorrow some, too.

Thanks,
Dianne

Browser: IE or Google Chrome

PS - Re: Can't send to my Mailing List

PS Courtnie,

My Internet Explorer is Version 8. Yes, I just checked and I'm still having the problem. I can't detect anything from my end -- everything else seems to be working.

I did use the theme wizard a few months ago to put a new pretty picture at the top of my newsletter, but I've sent it since then.

I did poke around on some of the other newsletter buttons but and got to the send screen, but I didn't know how to build a custom HTML newsletter so I got out of that.

Thanks,
Dianne

Browser: IE or Google Chrome

Hi Dianne,

I have fixed your Newsletter for you and it is ready to send. You had a very long URL being used for the text of a link that seemed to be breaking your newsletter upon send.

In you "sub 2" box at the top you have a link to newspaper article, I have changed the clickable link text to read "Click here to read the article." Feel free to change to whatever you like except the link itself as that it what seems to be causing your newsletter to break.

I do not know exactly why this was breaking it, my best guess was that the text was simply too long of a string with no spaces, but I do not not know for sure.

Courtnie

Courtnie you are awesome! Thank you for fixing my newsletter! I just sent it. Thank you an incredible amount for figuring out the problem. That means I can do my best to avoid it in the future, which, obviously, is tremendously helpful.

Sorry for the delay in my response--I'm on vacation and have been without internet access for a few days.

Once again I'm very, very grateful. Gratefully and sincerely,

Dianne