Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Forum catagories issue

HI:

I am using the free version of hte forums and am trying to add catagories to the page. I add them from the side bar control panel but they are not showing up on the actual forum- Am I missing something? any help is appreciated!

Re: Forum catagories issue

How can I create a new category for my Message Forums?
From Bravenet Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
1. Log into Bravenet and click "Message Forum"
2. Click on the Forum Manager button on the top left
3. Click on Category Manager
4. Click on the Add Category button
5. Enter the title and description of your new category, and then click on the Submit button

You must add a Forum to your category in order for the Category to display.

A Category is like a title or a folder and a Forum is where people can post. Categories are used to separate your forum into sections.

Hope this helps.
Courtnie

I also entered my forum categories and descriptions and they dont show on the screen after i save them. Whats the deal here?

Thanks

Browser: ie9

You must create a category and then place a forum inside the category.

Under "Forum Manager" use Manage Forums to create a forum and place it in your categories. You MUST have at least one forum in each category in order for the category to display.

Courtnie

Thanks,

I guess i have it all backwards, not sure why this is confusing to me. I filled out a few categories and saved those.

Now ive gone into create forums and started created multiple forums but its not really making any sense. I only want ONE forum with MULTIPLE categories. Any other options for me to figure this out? I tried doing what you said but nothing is happening. Sorry I never have troubles like this but this has me baffled.

Thanks

Greg

I think I figured it out. It wasnt defaulting me back to the index, so i never had a chance to view this screen. Thats probably what confused the other person as well. All i was seeing was my default bravent screen. Maybe something to look into.

thank you very much,

Greg

Greg,

You need to go the other way, one category with multiple forms.

A category is simple a holder of forums, forums is where you can post. So a category is useless without a forum.

Also, after saving the service simple returns you to the page you were on. I see how that could cause confusion, but it would also cause confusion and frustration for people if the editors took them to a different page.

Courtnie