Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bravenet FTP service not available when I try to modify one of my pages

Hi everyone!

I may have a spam in my computer and Norton did not get rid of it.

I loggin correctly but everytime I want to update a page the bravenet message below appears:

"The bravenet FTP server is not available at this time. Please try again later. (No FTP Server Passed In)".

And another window pops up offering another web hosting service or sometimes a bravenet windows asking to log in again.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Nathalie

Re: Bravenet FTP service not available when I try to modify one of my pages

This is a common problem.
The bottleneck appears to be the link from the Bravenet web site to the FTP server. If you log in direct to the FTP server with a third party upload tool such as Filezilla (free) there isn't an issue.

Browser: Firefox3.6.12

Thanks Peter!

Well! I am not very good at this and was always using Bravenet templates and website manager to update my website. I downloaded FileZilla but I beleive it is more for transferring files. My files are on Bravenet`s site and I just can`t open any file without getting the above message.

On the other hand it worked from another computer that`s why I believe mine might have a virus of some kind but I don`t know how to correct that.

If you see a solution ,let me know!

Thanks again!

Why dont you try and use a ftp client like Filezilla? Its free and its much quicker to upload files.