This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help!

I cant seem to get my site to show up I used Dreamweaver CS5. I used it to upload my files, but they wont show up... I have no clue what to do. I'm new to this whole website stuff! Can someone tell me how to publish my files?

Site name: idesire.tk

Browser: Fire Fox

Re: Help!

I don't know much about sites/domains from the netherlands

1. If you have signed up to host your site here at bravenet then you should set your domain servers to point to bravenet

2. Then give time to propogate and such.

You may have to open a support ticket to bravenet

But do think main problem for now is the DNS servers are not pointing to where should

And when don't point to where should site doesn't show.

So contact bravenet to get your DNS settings or such as they say if you are a paying customer

A 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to access this page and the server cannot process your request. Please contact our support department if this problem persists.

Annnnnd Now I have this coming up. XD I hate when I try to fix a problem and BAM a whole new one starts. Im not even sure i fixed the last problem. If I knew it would be so hard, i wouldn't have tried to play with web hosting. XD

well if you HAD ANY CLUE on what you are even doing to start with wouldn't have problems

But obviously you have no INKLING

One of the main ways of learning is Doing. Ive been using google to figure most of the stuff out, but Bravehost doesnt really help. Ive even used FileZilla, still nothing.

You appear to have a Website Wizard template as your site at the moment.

Two possibilities:
1. You haven't named your home page index.html so you aren't replacing the original Wizard created home page.
2. After uploadling you are going to the Website Wizard and "publishing" which then overwrites your uploaded site with the template again.

The Wizard is totally self contained, you either use it 100% or not at all, you can't mix and match.

Browser: Firefox3.6.12