This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Message Board Pop ups

I have a free Message Board/Forum and I appreciate the free service very much.... but I'm wondering if the pop-up ads are becoming more and more intrusive the last while. Often when accessing the board, a whole extra browser window is opening that is blank with one small corner with an ad in it. This totally blocks out the whole other browser window with the message board in it. I use the board as an add-on to a seniors' chat room and it's not hard to get confused trying to use that message board when the whole thing gets blocked out by complete window. When you close the window with the ad, the board is visible and operative but not everyone realizes that the "ad" hasn't replaced the whole message forum window. This is my experience using the Firefox browser. I'm not sure if the same thing happens with other browsers or not.

The other thing I'd like to mention is that the last couple of times I went to use the board the last two days, my anti-virus program popped up and said a threat had been blocked. I'm assuming it must have been connected to one of the ads. After closing the alert window, everything seems fine with the message board and I can carry on but that virus alert is a bit unnerving. Could it be that one of those ads has a virus connected to it ?

As I said... I'm very grateful to be able to use the free services provided by Bravenet but I miss being able to open a support ticket directly to them and have someone from Bravenet be helpful, as has happened over the past many years. But I guess I understand that kind of service costs money but I do miss that option.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me ? I'd be pleased to hear.

Thank you !

Re: Message Board Pop ups

Don't think a whole lot can do with the ads except upgrade your message board.

You could contact them somehow with the virus with one of the ads.

Re: Message Board Pop ups

Em,

Please screen shot the ads/pages/pop ups etc if you are getting a Virus warning. We need as much information as possible.

Please then fill out the problem ad report.

Courtnie