Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Criminal Photo

Alan, I think you ought to know that some criminal has inserted a photo

of his face where yours should be in the contact editor box on the

attitudetravel homepage. I haven't decided which crime he's committed -I

think burglary looks the likeliest candidate; whatever, it is clear that

the police must have him on their files.

Re: Criminal Photo

Yeah, hilarious, Al,

I changed the photo with the sunglasses, 'cuz it had already been subjected to critical review by two close friends (including my girlfriend, Rei) and now you tell me the new one resembles a mugshot.

Why don't I replace the photo with a different famous traveller from history every week just to keep people interested?

How about Signor Polo to start with?

Where can I get his picture from ?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Polo

Maybe http://sun.menloschool.org/~pbrown/china_japan/mattieg/ for a start. Not sure how it would look when shrunk to fit in the box though. Another is at http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/brisas/sunda/great/2amy.htm. I'm sure there are plenty more on the web, or in your local library. I think it'd be great to have different travellers every week. Would you tell people who they were, or would you just let them guess? Maybe you could do a competition, with people having to, say, guess the traveller for a certain number of weeks to win a prize.

Replying to:

Yeah, hilarious, Al,

I changed the photo with the sunglasses, 'cuz it had already been subjected to critical review by two close friends (including my girlfriend, Rei) and now you tell me the new one resembles a mugshot.

Why don't I replace the photo with a different famous traveller from history every week just to keep people interested?

Replying to:

Re: Polo and other travellers...

Yeah, I had the same idea of using an unidentified image as the basis for a competition... I think I'll give it a spin...

But since I'm supposed to be the editor of attitude Travel, it's a bit misleading to suggest that some great historical pioneer might be instead (and it's certainly beyond my capacity for arrogance to imply that I'm a traveller of Polo's calibre), maybe... err.. maybe I should DRESS UP as the character? What do you think?

Replying to:

Maybe http://sun.menloschool.org/~pbrown/china_japan/mattieg/ for a start. Not sure how it would look when shrunk to fit in the box though. Another is at http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/brisas/sunda/great/2amy.htm. I'm sure there are plenty more on the web, or in your local library. I think it'd be great to have different travellers every week. Would you tell people who they were, or would you just let them guess? Maybe you could do a competition, with people having to, say, guess the traveller for a certain number of weeks to win a prize.

Replying to:

Yeah, hilarious, Al,

Replying to:

Re: Re: Polo and other travellers...

Am looking forward to this. Where are you going to get the CCCP cosmonaut's outfit in which to play the role of Yuri Gagarin from? I was wondering about that Blondie post; it did look a bit suspicious. Did you check it out?

Re: Gagarin i drugie Kosmonavti

There's a costume shop on East Finchley High Road called 'Fyodor Fyodorov's Fancy Dress'... I'll probably get the cosmonaut's outfit from there. What exciting stuff have you been up to on your RyanAir Grand Tour? Do you want to start a new thread further up?

Replying to:

Am looking forward to this. Where are you going to get the CCCP cosmonaut's outfit in which to play the role of Yuri Gagarin from? I was wondering about that Blondie post; it did look a bit suspicious. Did you check it out?