Return to Website

Bravenet Web Forum

none

Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Travelling around Poland - Need info!

Alan: Thanks for the quick reply. We can take as much time as we need. I have done about a year's research on various boards on the Internet and digesting Fodor's and Insight guides. Insight was particularly helpful.

We have been doing this (take a country and explore it) once a year for a long time. We always drive and enjoy this approach thoroughly.

Some of the driving days are as little as 25 miles. The worst day is 155 miles, Krakow to Czestochowa with a stop to see the castle at Brezg. Based on my research, we have scheduled 35 days for this trip.

One-nighters are pretty well interspersed with multiple night stays in Warsaw, Torun, Gdansk, Mikolajki, Krakow, and Zakopane. In some areas, we could have opted to spend a couple of nights and do daytrips from there, but I hate to backtrack. So, we move on to the next village, city, whatever.

As I indicated in my first note, I could get plenty of posters to comment on the places above with the addition of Wroclaw and Poznan. But, the other list brought very little helpful commentary.

I would be interested in any information about places to stay, eat, see, etc. Also, I have found a three star hotel in Sanok, The Hetman, which looks good on the Internet. They only list a phone/fax number and I have been unable to get an answer. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your willingness to help and if I can provide any information upon my return, I will be happy to do that.