none

Forum: Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Random travelling around the world?

I also use the net a lot, and email is an extremely convenient way of keeping in touch with people when you're abroad (you don't have to worry about waking people up at unearthly hours, for example). I imagine you're not planning on lugging a laptop all the way round the world with you, so you're probably going to have to rely on Internet cafes a lot, unless you've got a very widespread network of friends with computers. Strange as it may seem, not every town has cottoned on to the fact that the Internet exists, and if you just set out in the hope of finding such a cafe you might spend ages looking for one (they're quite often on a side street as well, though they're not convenient enough to be on the same side street as the tourist information centre). As with most things, it pays to ask a local person.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was reading below about a guy who travelled europe on cheap flights, and its quite inspiring for me.

I would like to travel the world, in no specific order, maybe completely at random, based on cheap flights available at each point. I would like to do this for maybe a year, or maybe longer.

I am totally inexperienced here, I have travelled to a few european cities, but that is all, and know I will be out of my depth here!

Has anyone any tip, links, ideas, or anything for me? I am thinking of leaving in the autumn.

I am quite interested in how people communicate when abroad, I use the net alot, and would very much like to use it abroad to keep in contact/find info etc, so any info on service providers etc in other contries would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com