none

Forum: Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Just to add to Al's comments (below...)

If you want to circumnavigate the globe relatively cheaply, I would advise getting a 'round the world' ticket - any good travel agent can advise you on these and you can get a six to eight stop ticket for under 1000 pounds (1500 euros).

Each leg of your 'round the world' journey does not have to start where the one before ended: for instance you could have one leg of your journey end in Bangkok, then travel south overland through Thailand and Malaysia and then fly out of Singapore on the next leg of your journey a month or two later.

This means (especially in Europe and North America, though as Al says, it's more difficult in Asia and Latin America or indeed sub-saharan Africa) you could take several low-cost flights to travel around from country to country before resuming your 'round the world trip'.

Again, as Al mentions, you'd need to book the low-cost flights well in advance in order to most benefit from cheap prices.

I'm about halfway through developing a European low cost airlines comparison tool on attitude Travel:

You can find it at

http://www.attitudetravel.com/lowcostairlines.html

Basically, the better prepared you are, the more likely you'll be able to relax and enjoy your trip!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was reading below about a guy who travelled europe on cheap flights, and its quite inspiring for me.

I would like to travel the world, in no specific order, maybe completely at random, based on cheap flights available at each point. I would like to do this for maybe a year, or maybe longer.

I am totally inexperienced here, I have travelled to a few european cities, but that is all, and know I will be out of my depth here!

Has anyone any tip, links, ideas, or anything for me? I am thinking of leaving in the autumn.

I am quite interested in how people communicate when abroad, I use the net alot, and would very much like to use it abroad to keep in contact/find info etc, so any info on service providers etc in other contries would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Email Forms   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com