none

Forum: Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Random travelling around the world?

And yet another thing: maybe it's obvious, maybe not (because there are people who travel the world and spend their entire time looking for aspects of life at home): get into the local culture. Go and hear new music, go and see local films (if possible; don't worry if you can't understand them); go and see (even try, if you can) local sports. Be aware of the political situation -even if a coup isn't imminent, it's always good to be abreast of these things, so you can make appropriate comments in the local bar. Learn local crafts (well, OK, maybe that might be a bit hard). Admittedly, these all depend on how long you are in the country, but the basic message is: for goodness' sake, don't go to a place just to seek out aspects of it that are similar to such aspects in your home location.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was reading below about a guy who travelled europe on cheap flights, and its quite inspiring for me.

I would like to travel the world, in no specific order, maybe completely at random, based on cheap flights available at each point. I would like to do this for maybe a year, or maybe longer.

I am totally inexperienced here, I have travelled to a few european cities, but that is all, and know I will be out of my depth here!

Has anyone any tip, links, ideas, or anything for me? I am thinking of leaving in the autumn.

I am quite interested in how people communicate when abroad, I use the net alot, and would very much like to use it abroad to keep in contact/find info etc, so any info on service providers etc in other contries would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Re: Random travelling around the world? - by Adam Reed - May 29, 2003 12:29pm
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com