Australian Chang Jiang Forum

If you would like to share any information or would like further information about the modifications that are on my website please feel free to post a message.

Australian Chang Jiang Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Perth owners

Hi, Please try fitting a deep oil pan sump and a high capacity oil pump. It should fix the problem. If not you can modify with a M1 super cool engine which is a water cooled OHV 32 hp Chang engine.
I'm in Port Hedland Wa so it's a little far to catch up for a beer.
Cheerio
steve

Hi Dale,

I wish i was in Perth, I'd love a beer and to catch up with some other Chang Jiang owners. Its been a bit sparse on the ground for other CJ owners and riders in Australia. I guess there are a lot out there but just difficult to meet. The CJ does run hot and that is nothing unusual....in my opinion. However if you have the stock carbs on the bike then you will no doubt be experiencing evapouration of the fuel at the carbs and popping and spluttering as you go. That was the main reason that i opted to fit the BMW carbs as detailed in the web page, it is quiet a nice modification and gives reliable starting and running thereafter. I have never goe for the deep oil pan and high rate oil pump, but I'm sure they can only improve things further. Plus its always fun to burn your legs when you get off the bike after a long run!!

Best regards
Chris
www.aussiechangjiang.com

Hi Dale,
I became a Chaing Jiang rider a while ago but have been having problems as well. I am going to do Chris's mods and drop a couple of BM carbies on it to see if that will make a difference. I am in the hills and am more than happy to meet and talk bikes if you like.Just send me an email and let me know.
Matt