Australian Chang Jiang Forum

If you would like to share any information or would like further information about the modifications that are on my website please feel free to post a message.

Australian Chang Jiang Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Bosch RE55 Regulator & Ingrams 9692 Rectifier

Thanks for your article Chris.
On the Ingrams unit there is just enough clearance, once the tails are bent at right anglesto mount the unit.I soldered 3 wires to these tails , with heat shrink tubing. I then soldered connecters to each wire and installed them to a three wire plastic connector. If I need to remove the unit it is easy to uncouple the connector.
After writing my message I took my bike back to the Auto Electrician and he assured me that my connections were correct now. However I have not replaced the plastic cover over the units as I am keeping a watchful eye on everything. The plates do not get hot like they did before, only warm. I will keep monitoring the rectifier and if I have any more trouble I will extract 2 diodes from my old board and do what you have done.
If you look up google and enter "Ingram 9692" there is an article on the RE55 and 9692...
1st item

Regards David