Australian Chang Jiang Forum

If you would like to share any information or would like further information about the modifications that are on my website please feel free to post a message.

Australian Chang Jiang Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear suspension disassembly

Can anybody please assist with information on how to remove the rear shocks from the frame on the CJ750?

Appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks,
David.

Re: Rear suspension disassembly

Hi David....Mmmmm yes can be a real bugger to get the rear suspension apart as i recall. This is all from my memory so maybe a step or two missing here and there.

1) with the bike on the ground try lifting the rear mud guard handle up and down to see if you have any movement in the rear suspension. if you have movement then you are one step ahead, if no movement then you are in for a hard time!

2) Get the bike up on the center stand and remove the rear wheel.

3) Release and remove the top and bottom frame pinch bolts (top and bottom of the suspension rod).

4) the top Chrome caps should now be able to be prised out of the frame.

5) using a brass bar drive the suspension rods UP and out of the frame.

6) when re assembling ensure to get the pinch bolt "cut-outs" correctly aligned with hte frame holes as it is impossible to rotate the suspension rods once driven back in to the frame.

If you have not already done so, then download the parts manual as at least it gives you a picture to look at!

Good luck

Chris.