Australian Chang Jiang Forum

If you would like to share any information or would like further information about the modifications that are on my website please feel free to post a message.

Australian Chang Jiang Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CJ750 Engine Starting Issue

Hi,

I have bought a brand new M1M engine for my bike which was originally fitted with a M1 6V engine. All the wiring has been upgraded including the electronics, diode board, stater relay and regulator 12v.

I am having major issues trying to start the bike. I have even converted ignition system to a Boyer Bransen ignition. I have tested for spark and thats fine. Compression is excellent. Carbs are bran new.

I have also played around with the timing with no luck. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks, Chris

Re: CJ750 Engine Starting Issue

You need to tell us more, like:
1. does the charge light come on when you turn on the ignition?
2. does the starter actually crank the motor over?
or does it just click when you press the button? Or does it do nothing at all?
3. when you turn on the petrol tap and tickle the carbies, does fuel come out? Are you using minimal throttle opening? Depending on ambient temperature, are you using or not using the choke?
4. have you checked the amount of charge in your battery?
5. are your spark plugs the correct type and new or clean? (Remember that plugs that spark out in the atmosphere can fail under compression if they are incorrect)
Basically, if an engine has sufficient compression, the correct mixture of petrol and oil, and a healthy spark at the correct moment, it should run.

Phil
<><