Australian Chang Jiang Forum

If you would like to share any information or would like further information about the modifications that are on my website please feel free to post a message.

Australian Chang Jiang Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CJ owners in Sydney

Any owners in Sydney? I have a bike here, imported from China & have just got it going after a long, long time. It came looking good but did not run at all, so beware. Spares (only from China) & getting a mechanic to even think about looking at it is a problem. My bike came with a stuffed super clutch, and the cheapest option was to get another engine shipped from China. It is certainly a high risk toy.

Re: CJ owners in Sydney & Wollongong

Hi, I lived in Shanghai from Jan 1993 to 2010 and back in 1996 I sent back 4 bikes over a period of 1 year in 2 containers. I have not seen my bike for 14 plus years and it has been on a farm in Victoria in a shed under a tarp. Anyway, I leave tomorrow morning to retrieve it and bring it back to Wollongong. The bike was new straight out of the factory back then. Back in the mid 90's spares were crazy cheap so I spent about $600 on all sorts of spares. Hopefully, that box is still there also. I would love to hear from anyone in NSW who has been able to get it registered - Vintage - ??

Hi Pete,

Just recently got my bike registered in NSW, like a month ago. No real problem, but make sure you have all the sale documents, invoices & import licence on hand when you go to the registry, otherwise they will send you home. It was great to get it on the road especially after I bought it about 4 yrs ago. It sat in a grate for a year in Indo before I finally gave in & forwarded it to Aus. The Indos would not let it across the border. Nice machine to run around in with the sidecar. Only problem is that I work in Indo & the bike is in Sydney. Next time I am down I will try to meet up & talk CJ's.

David Miller

Hi, As long as your bike is over 30 years old you can register it under historic rego as long as you belong to an approved club. About $A90 Aus to get the new plate and historic rego for a year, them $30 a year after that. You will need a rceipt showing proff of ownership. Just gone thru this process with the RTA with no problems.

Cheers

James