Australian Chang Jiang Forum

If you would like to share any information or would like further information about the modifications that are on my website please feel free to post a message.

Australian Chang Jiang Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CJ owners in Sydney & Wollongong

Hi Pete,

Just recently got my bike registered in NSW, like a month ago. No real problem, but make sure you have all the sale documents, invoices & import licence on hand when you go to the registry, otherwise they will send you home. It was great to get it on the road especially after I bought it about 4 yrs ago. It sat in a grate for a year in Indo before I finally gave in & forwarded it to Aus. The Indos would not let it across the border. Nice machine to run around in with the sidecar. Only problem is that I work in Indo & the bike is in Sydney. Next time I am down I will try to meet up & talk CJ's.

David Miller

Re: CJ owners in Sydney & Wollongong

Hi, As long as your bike is over 30 years old you can register it under historic rego as long as you belong to an approved club. About $A90 Aus to get the new plate and historic rego for a year, them $30 a year after that. You will need a rceipt showing proff of ownership. Just gone thru this process with the RTA with no problems.

Cheers

James