Australian Chang Jiang Forum

If you would like to share any information or would like further information about the modifications that are on my website please feel free to post a message.

Australian Chang Jiang Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jerky Transmission & chewed out rubber doughnut drive couplers

Wondering if anyone can help..

I have a Chinese "restored" OHV CJ750 with the reverse gearbox.
I've only done 2000klms and am having problems with the rubber drive coupler chewing out.. I'm on my 3rd one, and that now needs replaced.

I'm also having issues with the transmission which, if not the cause of the problem, would certainly be making it worse. On hard acceleration or when accelerating under load, I'm getting severe jerkiness from some part of the drive train/transmission.. Anyone had any experience of this or have any info that may help

Cheers. Jimmy

Re: Jerky Transmission & chewed out rubber doughnut drive couplers

Hi Jimmy,

Sounds like the drive from the gearbox and the axle input are out of alignment. Have you had this checked? I don't have first-hand experience with the reverse gearbox fitted in OHV engine but that's what I would start looking at. Maybe you can re shim the engine to get a better angle for the drive shaft? Or you may need to change the length of the driveshaft itself. I have owned my Chang side valve for 20 years and never changed the coupling yet!

Let us know how you get on.........

Best regards
Chris.