Australian Chang Jiang Forum

If you would like to share any information or would like further information about the modifications that are on my website please feel free to post a message.

Australian Chang Jiang Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mechanical work - Brisbane

Good morning Everyone,

Hope this message / inquiry finds you all well.

To get straight to the point - I would like to know if anyone is aware of a mechanic, here in Brisbane, who is able to install a clutch plate within an Chang Jiang motorcycle.

Have spoken with a number of businesses / mechanics, but none of them do that type of work on these motorcycles. I'd love to say I could do it - but I can't.

If you are able to point me towards someone you know can do the work, it is very much appreciated.

Happy riding

Re: Mechanical work - Brisbane

Hi Blair,

I dont live in QLD but I would imagine you will need to try contacting smaller independent motor bike workshops. To change out the clutch plates requires the engine to be removed from the frame. Its a reasonable job but the biggest issue that I had was man handling the engine and gearbox to get them out of the frame space.

But first why do you think that you need to replace the clutch plates? The reason that I ask is that there is a rod and bearing set up that the clutch level depresses and that in turn disengages the clutch. It was a common problem that the clutch would not disengage and the bike would creep forward even with the clutch level fully retracted.
A change of the push rod and the bearing solved the issue as might a replacement clutch cable.

Download the parts manual from my (this site) download page and you will see the push rod and bearing arrangement.

Hope the above helps
Regards
Chris.

Re: Mechanical work - Brisbane

Where do people get part's from I've got a cj750