Australian Chang Jiang Forum

If you would like to share any information or would like further information about the modifications that are on my website please feel free to post a message.

Australian Chang Jiang Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headlight switch relay and carbs

Hey Chris!!

Just got a hold of my cj, runs great looks great, love it!!

Before riding season arrives, i would have liked to fix or maie better the headlight ignition swith which many seem to say has to
Mich current going through... and a relay should be used to save the switch...
If this is the case, do you have any information on this fox woth pics, part numbers, wiring info and the general theory behind the fix...

Also... your bmw carbs... what exactly have you done, what have you used and what are the specific information you could share with us concerning the swap!

Thanks!!
Mike from quebec, Canada!

Re: Headlight switch relay and carbs

Hi Michael,

I never heard about the ignition switch issues with high current...... The quality of the original ignition switch is not that great from the key perspective though. A trip to your local auto shop and you might be able to buy one of the old type switches there that has a better key.

Regarding the carburetor conversion, I think all the information and drawings are available on my website and a detailed explanation of what I did. The reason I made the conversion was that when riding in China the bike ran so hot that the fuel was vaporizing and causing power loss. Mainly because the heat was transmitted through the heads to the carburetor I think. So you could try just modifying your existing carbs by adding a heat isolation between the carb and heads.

If you want to be part of a bigger community then join theChangJiangexperience on Yahoo groups....they have lots of usa members and maybe Canadian as well.

Good luck, these are great and fun bikes to own!

Regards
Chris.