Australian Chang Jiang Forum

If you would like to share any information or would like further information about the modifications that are on my website please feel free to post a message.

Australian Chang Jiang Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My CJ750 is too rich on one side

Hi Mates
I'm barry from Perth WA
I have a OHV valve CJ750 and the L/H cylinder is too rich, I done all the checks except altering the main settings, ie droping the needle or changing the main jet size , the petrol level in the L/H is a lot lower than the R/H, any ideas , never seen another model like mine will post a photo , if I can
Barry

Re: My CJ750 is too rich on one side

Hi Barry,

Check your fuel tap from the tank. Best to gently remove the fuel tap from tank and set the blockage.. ... Then clean out the tank and the fuel tap or replace the tap with a after market one.

This is my bet as the fuel level is low in one side and from my memory each carb has a separate supply from the tap. Also get some inline fuel filters to each carb feed. Once you are sure that the fuel supply lines are clear then you can start to balance your carbs using a vacuum gauge or an old fashioned glow plug (probably not the correct name, but was a spark plug that you fit that has a glass window so that you can see the color of the burn inside the cylinder and therefore adjust the mixture in each carb until burning correctly while the Rhine is running on idle.