CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Air Traffic to Ft Myers

RSW PASSENGER COUNT UP IN DECEMBER Fort Myers Airport
>>Southwest Florida International Airport (www.flylcpa.com) counted 691,038 passengers in December, an increase of 0.31 percent compared December 2007. Passenger traffic for 2008 was down 5.5 percent compared with 2007. The traffic leader in December was AirTran,(from Indianapolis) with 124,516 passengers traveling to and from Fort Myers. Rounding out the top five airlines were JetBlue (96,894), Delta (74,821), Southwest (63,213) and US Airways (56,164).

This gives you a little idea of who to use when flying to Ft Myers.
I have heard Tampa is very popular with its many low
fares due to presently low passenger count. Rent a car for your use while you are at Casa Ybel and return to Tampa.
Allegiance flies to St Petersburg non stop from
Ft Wayne, Indiana, and is very popular using large planes anf low fares.
Any one aware of good rates for vacationing trip?
Carl Appelberg

Re: Air Traffic to Ft Myers

Hi-I know that SPIRIT Airlines always has great fares across the board on their site and they fly into Ft. Meyers. (RSW). They don't fly from everywhere but enough cities. We have used them from Chicago Ohare. I just checked them out yesterday and they don't have week 51 up yet for purchase. They do it a bit differently, obviously, than the other airlines where you can already purchase tickets for next winter.
Beth

Re: Air Traffic to Ft Myers

Inexpenive Airfare on American!

Just wanted to let everyone in the Chicago area know that we booked out air for Weeks 51 & 52 ~ Nonstop on American for $312/pp from 12/18/09 - 1/1/10.

Way to go! It can't go much lower than this and there are still seats left. More seats on the way there than on the return flight.

Good Luck!

Beth

Re: Re: Air Traffic to Ft Myers

Air Tran offers non stop from Chicago Midway to RSW for $75 one way!
Carl

Re: Re: Re: Air Traffic to Ft Myers

Thanks Carl,

Midway is too far away from us under normal circumstances, but it's always good to know "just in case".

Beth