CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Board denies use of "Owners List"

Furthermore, does the 'Board' own this forum?

Re: Re: Re: Board denies use of "Owners List"

Just a little info to keep a level platform

I bought the web site (as a board member)in order
to establish better communications amongst ownersw,
thinking it would be a natural.

However we have had a series of boards always with 7 members that never could see beyond the board meeting room and were encouraged to slow down communications.

We could not get a forum and were obstructed in preventing the takeover by a second management party, now the lucky owners of all our amenities because Mariner needed a fast deal that would not allow us owners to tie Casa Ybel together but created a split with advantage to our Hilton Management group.

The board refused ownership of the web site, but I kept it anyway to prevent large future surprises.

We have come a long way, and our 500,000 click to our web was passed recently.

If you go to Google Timeshare Sanibel we are on top of the list,but we are still kept as a secret by the workings of the board,there must be a reason.

Thanks for clicking on to us!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Board denies use of "Owners List"

One last thought. We would not need an owners' list IF our board, or a board member who supports all owners, would write a short article for the SandScript acknowledging the OWNERS website, and giving a brief history, its good and bad points. Owners could then judge for themselves if the site has merit. I think it would be of interest to all owners to know who on our boards would oppose doing this. Also, who has veto power over what gets printed in the SanScript??

I just listed our week 19 for rental on the owners site. If it rents, great. If not, we'll give it to a relative or friend to use, or use it ourselves. Very flexible. We hate to board and leave behind our aging Peke for that week. It is unfortunate (and aggravating) that our ad reaches only a very small percentage of owners.