CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Board communication

I am writing as a newer/getting older (in many ways) Board member on a couple of points.

First, if you have any questions or concerns, all of the Board who have emails have them posted at casaybelresort.com

Second, I have made it one of my priorities as a Board member to work on communication with owners. I believe there have been some very positive results and my experience has been the Board members have been quite open to discussions and ideas on this point, even if we don’t agree on every concept. As a result, at the casaybelresort.com site, the entire minutes of the Board are posted, rather than just a summary, through a link. A president’s newsletter (“Buzz from the Board”)appears that is updated discussing new developments. All Board members contact info appears there. There is an outline of the relationships of the various entities (“Owner/manager chart”). The condominium documents are posted by a link at the top. Hilton contact information is posted by a link at the top. This is all in addition t the paper newsletter sent out, the “Sandscript” and archived copies are also posted there.

I also proposed to the Board and they accepted, that I research forums at other timeshares. I researched not just timeshare forums, but forums at newspapers, to determine how they handle key issues. What I found was that there were several issues. First, it can cost money, because the forums had a host who monitors each request to be added and content of the forum. Further, an important issue was regulating content to prevent inappropriate posts, whether personal attacks, bad language, libel or malicious content. This was a big issue, and I engaged a newspaper editor in discussion on how to handle this. The editor indicated to me it was a problem they had not yet resolved. I finally concluded that at this time it did not make sense to include a forum at the other web site. We’ve increased communication, I anticipate encouraging further outreach to owners, and all our contact information is available to owners.

I would consider this site a reasonable alternative if it was password protected. It is straightforward to do and does not require a list of owners. The Board is prohibited by Florida statutes from giving out lists of owners’ emails. But, this is not necessary to password protect this site and I again strongly urge it to protect the owners’ best interests.

I do believe, Carl has good intent and provides a good service, but this site needs a password and needs to get away from inappropriate posts.

We don’t always agree, but the Board members I have come to know truly have the best interests of the owners in mind.
Thanks, Pat

Re: Board communication

Pat
You echo my own words on passwording, and I have given suggestions several times on how to achieve it.
Paul