CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FGH Condo Association

All work is to be done during the scheduled maintenance week for each unit. There may be work going on during your visit, but not in your unit.

Lynn,

Very nice update! Interesting how none of the complainers find a reason to ***** or at least thank you Keep up the great work!

Lynn, as far as issues that still vex me, I would like to reemphasize the “Interloper” problem that I highlighted to Chris Cain and all Board members (including you) in January 2009. I was assured by Chris Cain, then, that actions were put in place to greatly reduce the incidences where non-Casa Ybel owners/guests used our parking lot and pool facilities. Chris sent me a schedule unambiguously stating that extra security would be monitoring the beach and pool areas during the week between Christmas and New Year (as well as other peak weeks). When I told him, at the Owners meeting, that I had seen no evidence of this security, he backed off and stated that it was only for the weekends. The problem was very significant and there was nothing that I could see that was being done about it.

I also told Chris that there were no guards at the resort entrance, even though this was also promised. He told me I was wrong, and guards were there every day. I, or members of my group, pass through the entrance several times every day, and we saw no guards.

So, Chris has not been honest with me.

I repeat my contention that Casa Ybel is a patsy on Sanibel. Outsiders are using our parking lot and facilities with impunity, and there seems to be no sense of outrage by our management.

George,

What proof do you have that "interlopers" are disrupting your enjoyment of the pool, parking, and facilities. Seems you just like to complain.

Well, Mr. Turtle Soup, what, in your mind would constitute “proof”? Perhaps viewing the people leave their car from the parking lot, armed with beach chairs, coolers, etc., watching their behavior on the beach, watching their behavior at the pool, and watching them leave in their car (without ever interacting with anyone other than their own group)?

No, Mr. Turtle Soup, the evidence is very clear, and has been corroborated by others on this forum in January 2009. There is no doubt.

You should, Mr. Turtle Soup, endeavor not to comment unless you have a reasonable idea what you are talking about. This issue was thoroughly discussed previously with forum participants and Board members well before you raised your anonymous head. I direct you to the string on page 6 of this forum.

What’s with the comment “Seems you just like to complain”? I think it’s clear that I am trying to get a solution to, what I believe, is a significant problem. Many others have agreed. All you are doing is lurking, anonymously, in the background sniping at people you don’t know.

Why don’t you identify yourself, including the week(s) you own? Quite frankly, I think you would either have to be numb or not spend much time on the beach to not notice the problem.

Thanks for your constructive and intelligent comments.

Mr. George,

You have far too much time on your hands worrying about cars, coolers, chairs, and such. I doubt you have ever voluteered for a worthy cause in your adult life. You have been complaing since Janurary 2009 you say - then perhaps there is no solution. Try offering one up instead of complaining over and over. Your rants are all too predictable and borish.

Dear Turtle, I think George has a legitimate concern over interlopers using "our" resort facilities and beach access. If you are indeed an owner here, you pay a thousand bucks or more per week to enjoy these amenties. Why would anyone want to pay that and yet allow those who don't the same advantages? One need not a solution to the problem to voice a concern. We pay a management company to handle such matters if you recall. And what does contributing to a worthy cause have to do with the issue at all? Do you consider allowing interlopers a contribution to some noble entitlement? One purpose of this forum is to bring owner's concerns to the forefront and that is just what George has been doing. I think you protest to much, and by-the-way, you misspelled boorish. PS. At least George and I use our names and not some supposedly cute psuedonym to communicate here.

Thanks for your input, Bob. It is amazing to me, as well as depressing, to see people who should, from a self interest viewpoint, support a particular position actually take the opposing view and resort to character attacks. It reminds me that not everyone can be intelligent and well informed, but one can effectively keep that fact from being obvious. Mr. Soup has chosen to advertise his shortcomings, but hide behind anonymity.

Mr. Soup has effectively high jacked the Forum on this issue. The best method of combating this behavior is peer pressure via inputs such as Bob’s, as well as the documentation of informed observations (there were several in the January 2009 string). Mr. Soup’s commentary has no basis in fact, and it is up to us, as Forum participants to discourage his destructive postings. Mr. Soup would do well to review past postings from Bob Wehmueller as an example of constructive input, as contrasted with his shoot-from-the-hip rantings.

I am taking this issue offline and will email Lynn directly. My intent for posting this issue was to reopen it, review the agreements that I, Chris Cain, and the Board members had worked out, document my observations on the follow-through of these agreements, and encourage constructive, informed input. Mr. Soup’s input is neither constructive nor informed.

George and Bob,

My work here is done......you should have taken the issue to Lynn directly the first time, and perhaps while you are at it, apologize to Chris for calling him a liar.

I think reporting an issue as it occurs and might be interdicted might make more sense as the first response. Such a report can be given to the front desk and also expressed at the Tuesday owner's meeting. Board members certainly should be informed as well, but have no means to identify and correct such issues as they occur. I'm not sure what your work here was so I can't judge as to whether you accomplished your goal. Doesn't seem like you accomplished much of anything, but maybe that's just me. Personally, I never spoke to Chris about this issue, so no apology required on my part FBM.
PS: Is your name on the ballot for the Spring elections? If so, you should not be so timid as to hide behind a false identity.
PPS: Further communication with you as you present yourself is pointless. Maybe you should email me if you have further comments. I promise not to post your email for the forum to see. You believe me don't you?

Clear off Turtle Soup! You are quite clearly a useless git who likes to snipe at other members anonymously. Don't bother coming back.

Dr Bob. I thought anonymous entries were supposed to be banned and removed. All this is doing is winding up the legitimate members, which, no doubt is his intention.

Lynn. Congratulations on your election as president of FGH Association. You have been notable for your participation in this forum, and for taking note of the concerns of the members.

During the next refurbishment, can something be done about having the bathroom sink in the main bedroom, which causes a disturbance at night. It should be sited in the bathroom itself.

The current project will not involve building or moving any walls, so there will not be any change in the bathroom layouts. That could be considered at a later date. Are you referring to an upper or a lower unit?

I appreciate your contributions. The complicated password nearly killed this site.

Lynn

Hi Lynn

I have only been in the lower units, so do not know much about the upper ones. I do not know if the bathroom layout is the same upstairs.

I have talked to Dr. Bob about the Turtle intruder.
A few years ago we had a similar situation with a person with lots of insights from our management company, obviously he had worked with Casa Ybel affairs and took their sides on issues.
It was costly, but we traced the inputs from a library at a federal prison site in New York State.
We never heard from him/her again. This could be the same person, we will trace calls if needed.
We must adhere to free speech. I will inquire if we can force e-mail address posted in our future Forum inputs.

Mr. Geek,

Does the sink stand up and walk around, carry on a converstation with the loo, or just snore all night. Either way it may be far more valuable than the entire Casa Ybel.

I thought we were finished with this idiot. He doesn't embarrass easily. Such is the consequence of anonymity.

I doubt he is even an owner. His raison d'etre seems to be parachuting into message boards and chat rooms and making a fool of himself; pretty much a vacuous life.

At this point, our only defense is to ignore him.

Don't be so bloody stupid, Turtle.

If you cannot make a proper contribution and without being anonymous, you should not be on this site.