CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ants

The ant situation has been with us forever, also at Casa Ybel. We line in a subtropical climate.
I will repeat what i wrote many years ago in this same spot.
All it takes is your attention, and it is very easy to combat the invasion of ants without using sprays or other poisons.
All you do is to feed a Borax solution (Sodium Tetra-borate) which is readily available in stores, we buy it at Home Depot.
Do not start spraying with cockroach killer etc, which is very dangerous to pets and children.
My wife and I buy a product called "TERRO ant killer"
in small 2 oz. bottles at Home Depot. We use it in our home when we discover a trail near windows or close to your kitchen. The ants normally live outside, and make trails for food and water inside you home, and carry it off to the outside nest.
You place a few droplets on small pieces of thin cardboard (1/2" by 1/2") in many locations along the trail. They carry the fluid, which kills them slowly, after they reach the nest, and feeds others for the rest of the colony to enjoy.
The ants congregate in circles like cows around a watering tub, but the ants will all be gone within hours.
No need to worry about kids or pets, no poison label
on the product.
I recommend our housekeeping also keeps an eye open to these invasions!

Re: Ants

Returning from week 28 this is the first time in my 21 years at Casa Ybel that I experienced a roach and another bug in our bathrooms. I know they are common in Florida but the thought of it made me uneasy. I called Housekeeping a left a message but nothing was ever done nor did I receive a return phone call. I am hoping they might take care of it between our week and the newcomers for week 29. I found a water bottle under one of the twin beds in the guest room and the handles on the fridge were not cleaned or wiped before we took possession of our unit.

A friend at the resort told me about some wall plug ins that kill bugs. Something called Rid X that you can purchase at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $15 each. I think I may invest in one for next year and just leave it there. Perhaps our Boards can suggest these be put in all units.

I am disappointed with the housekeeping. They do a rush and very minimal job on Fridays.