CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Interlopers" at Casa Ybel

I spent this 4 of July wk 27 at Casa Ybel in my H 184.
After first night's parking in the H parking space (I assume it is, being in front of H,) I had a warning placed on my windshield from some guard that I was illegally parked in the restaurants private area and would be towed away. Sorry, I did not think to place sticker on the car right after check-in.
Would this not be the time to arrange parking for owners by building and unit numbers? After all we are the owners? Just Like any other resort on Sanibel. One night we had to park in the restaurant area, our H lot was full, and the units were not.
There is ample parking space for all H buildings 16 units, and guest space could be indicated in areas close by.
I brought it up while on the board a couple of times and it was "tabled".
The front office owners insist on open spaces with no reservations space. Of course, it then looks like a public area with no owners around.
If we could get a vote from owners to do this, it would be more difficult for invaders to park.
The restaurant, like our own units, would all have reserved spaces, nothing left for invaders.

This is a different, but somewhat related issue, Carl. What I (and Michele) was referring to was usage of the H building parking lot, as well as the parking for buildings I, J, and K, to access the beach. The major access path is between Buildings H and I, but last December, I also saw the trespassers going between Buildings I and J, and J and K.

I don’t believe assigned parking is necessary. Most of the intruders use the northern portion of the H parking lot. In the evening, restaurant patrons sometimes use the closer spaces. I do believe some signage, complete with saber-rattling verbiage, would have some positive effect on both these issues

What about simple signs at each of the building parking lots saying something like

"PARKING STRICTLY RESERVED FOR OWNERS.
OTHER VEHICLES MAY BE REMOVED"

Paul

If people are bold enough to use our resort to gain access to the beach & our facilties, a simple SIGN not deture them.

This is a problem that could benefit from a multi-pronged approach. The trespassers are not a homogeneous bunch. Most would likely not be deterred by signs, but some would. Right now, we have nothing that even tells people they are trespassing. I, personally, have spoken to some who, I believe, would not return if a small degree of pressure were applied. Others would simply laugh and move on to the beach.

The other option would be to add to signs that vehicles would be clamped. Then, if they continued to park there, their vehicles would be clamped, and they would have to pay something like $100 for it to be released. Thereby also providing us with an income.

That's good news, Lynn. Do you have any details as to what this security will entail; e.g. will there be a security guard at the front entrance, or parking lot monitoring?