CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Unruly guests

I would have thought that the FIST thing that security would have done, was to check whether these people were bone fide guests of the resort.

If not, then they could have been chucked out. If they were, indeed, staying at the resort, then the owner should have been contacted to stop them misbehaving.

At the end of the day, the owner of the unit is responsible for the behaviour of their guests.

I’ll be interested in seeing how this plays out. My experience, typified by the “interloper” issue, is that our resort management does not really want to get involved in the nettlesome issues. They want them to just go away. This scenario, as described by Maryanne, is egregious and should be handled ASAP by the resort.

I am still awaiting details of the “improved security” that Mr. Perkins announced in his July 13 posting.

Don't know if they were interlopers or we were just on different schedules, but I didn't have the unfortunate experience of seeing them again during the week!

This new report indicates we have no one at Casa Ybel to maintain owners interests. 45 minutes for?
Is it time to look for a permanent Manager, our Millions of $$Fees could afford it. We need someone who is responsible on site to replace our off site Hilton office in Orlando.
This person would create authority and set up rules and watch our house keeping people, our yard maintenance, and upkeep and repairs.
One who is available on site and has an assistant to help onsite owners any time, of course with set office hours. We do need week-end on site services also.
Our present management does not take our interest in the daily operations. They could not tell you were our property lines are, or why the lawns look bad,(the excuse from January with the one night frost does not hold water anymore). We had more rain this year than ever, and the lawns are turning to sand.
See photos on www.casaybel.com. I did not intend to show it, it just was there and could not be overseen.
Talk about new concrete areas at the pool to replace the cool wood surfaces, who is paying for this?
We use to know (in earlier years on the board) how much we paid from each unit per week for using the pool, but no more.
Budget time is coming up, we need visibility and lines of detail in the new 2011 application of our Millions.
I have asked for info on our taxes for 2 years now,
our County tax collector is backing me up, but still no reply from Hilton, Mr Wilkinson tells them what to pay, not how much from each owner. Any taxpayer has the right to know how taxes are arrived at, is that not fair? I was told it should be public information.
(and available for the owners to see)
Who approved planting the new row of trees barricading H lawn from the wedding area lawn and the beach. Who blocked our path from H to the pool. Who removed the popular slide at the pool. Who dug 3-4 new paths through protected beach areas to the beach in front of G and H to detour us away from the weddings. Who oversees our lawn people, look at the forsaken lawns in front of G and H, compare them to the oasis in the wedding area in front of H, the finest grass I have ever seen and that does not look good for FGH owners and guests.
No one speaks up for us.
I am not happy to have to report all this, but we wish for Casa Ybel to survive during these hard times, and high maintenance fees, now almost equal to up front rental fees, which is not a good sign for survival.
I had e-mails from companies asking to advertise "tell owners to get out from under the fees and sell out to them". They will provide much lower costs to plan vacations.

How many of our owners need help in maintaining their ownership with homes turning to foreclosures galore?? Do we have a meltdown like we find other places?
A few units for sale seems to be all the problems so far, is that so?
I received an e-mail in March from Judy, an owner who complained about many problems with the unit and had to switch unit. Attended the Tuesdays owners meeting and brought it up. Someone up front made a joke of it, and she wrote: Cris just ended the meeting.

We need some inputs with ideas from owners to start to form plans for "where do we go from here?"
We need to formulate plans amongst ourselves, no one will help us out. It is our investment that is at stake.

I thought we already have an onsite manager for the timeshare owners.

I did to!

In response to my request for clarification of the rules, I got two email responses from someone named Amy Speckman. I got the impression she was not on-site, because she said she was speaking to those who were onsite. She said that smoking is allowed on the pool deck and near the hot tub because it's an outdoor space. They try to get folks not to smoke near the kiddie pool, but again, it's not against the rules. She also said that they ask guests to refrain from using glass containers near the pool, but to pour them into plastic containers. This is odd since the bar uses plastic cups but you aren't allowed (according to the signs) within 4 feet of the pool with them either. Incidentally, she said the people in question were "legitimate". In any event, the rest of the week was peaceful and wonderful, and these kinds of issues have been few and far between in my many years of ownership.

Amy Speckman is the Assistant Manager in charge of activities for Casa Ybel Resort. The pool is one of her responsibilities. Amy is a very competent and a great member of the staff.

I'm pleased that the pool problem was a one time event.

Lynn Perkins

Can something be done to tighten up the rules so that glass containers are not permitted in the pool area. They can be very dangerous, because if the glass breaks, serious injury can be caused.

Prohibition of glass in pool areas is a standard rule in all the resorts and hotels that I know of.

I have been an owner for over 10 years. This is my problem: Every year we go down there, the sun sets in the late afternoon over the Gulf. Yes, Sanibel is angled to the south so we actually miss the sunset - I get that. Fortunately, we are a morning family, but would prefer for the sun to rise over the Gulf rather than set in the afternoon. You'd think after all these years that our request would be honored. To whom do I complain management or perhaps God himself?

Ah, there are two solutions to your problem. Get in a boat at sunset and go straight south. After a few hundred yards, you’ll see the sunset on the Gulf. Or, trade your week for one near the winter solstice (such as weeks 51 or 52). We see both sunrise and sunset on the Gulf, nearly symmetrically positioned (of course, our days are shorter).

George,

Great advice - may I borrow your boat next year?

George doesn't have a boat. He has a winter solstice week remember?

We don't really know that the bottle was glass. Many liquor bottles now are plastic. I'm confident that if a glass bottle was present when someone came down from the office, the matter would have been handled ASAP.