CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trees

I AM OWNER OF UNIT IN F BLDG. BEEN COMING DOWN TO CASAYBEL SINCE THE 80'S. THIS YEAR NOT ONLY WAS I DISAPPOINTED IN THE SELECTION OF FURNITURE IN THE UNIT, BUT ALSO THE VIEW HAS BEEN OBSCURED BY THE TREE [SORRY NOT SURE OF THE NAME] THAT HAS OVERGROWN BLOCKING THE BEAUTIFUL VIEW OF THE BEACH, THE REASON I BOUGHT CASAYBEL IN THE FIRST PLACE! I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS TREE BE REPLACED WITH ANOTHER SMALLER ONE SO WE ALL CAN ENJOY OUR VIEWS OF THE GULF AND THE BEACH. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SAME THOUGHTS TO THIS PROBLEM/

Re: trees

We are similarly affected. Our unit is on the lower level at the east end of building H. When we first came (1980) there was a fairly small palm tree right at the back stairs reaching just to top of the stairs. By 8-10 years, it was up to the second level and blocked our view considerably. It later disappeared (maybe a storm casualty) and was replaced with a very small palm tree. We had unobstructed views for a number of years, but the tree is now nearly to the second level, again, and our view is again compromised. I would prefer a less obstructed view.

I am not sure that there is anything we can do about the situation. There is also considerably more blockage from the sea grapes than 30+ years ago. With the prevailing Sanibel philosophy, we definitely will not be able to anything about the sea grapes.

YES, I DO UNDERSTAND THE SANIBEL PHILOSOPHY, HOWEVER, I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY CAN NOT REMOVE THIS TREE ONLY TO REPLACE IT WITH A SMALLER SHRUB OPENING UP THE VIEW TO THE GULF, THE REASON WHY WE PURCHASED AT CASAYBEL. WHEN MY GUESTS VISIT THE ONE THING THEY SAY IS 'IF ONLY THAT TREE WASNT THERE...' AND I SOO AGREE..VERY FRUSTRATING TO SIT OUT ONTO THE PATIO FACING AN OBSCURED VIEW OF THE GULF...DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY COMMENTS TO THIS..MAYBE SOMETHING CAN BE DONE??

Test

What unit do you own