Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
fossil's
went for a short walk about again today to pick up a few of the bigger flakes for my friend big b t as he is trying his hand at knapping and found a couple of really neat fossil's
Views: 410   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 15, 2010 5:56pm
by SH
c
CLuton
Found today, can't figure out what point this is??
Was headin dove huntin, stopped by the field on the way and fixin to get in truck and leave and found this! Can't figure out what point type, the ears kinda flare out, it's super thin and beautiful flaking!! Any ideas? The base looks ground too!
Views: 511   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 15, 2010 6:15am
by SH
s
SH
SURFACE HUNTERS' WORST NIGHTMARE
FRESH PRINTS IN THE MUD,in your favorite area I was at Chrisners at dawn the morning after the big rains. Creature tracks are cute ..... Here's some size 11s right across a lucrative throw pile Mr size elevens' headin for the creek...
Views: 564   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2010 6:39am
by SH
Bird Points I tell you ! I want to buy a couple of bird points ! Where???
Ok.. I NEVER find bird points... I would love to have a few Texas Birds for my collection Where the heck can I get a couple cheap or atlest good prices bird points??? I have like 3 .. 3 !!!! Over all these years... Its time to add a few little texas baby birds to...
Views: 571   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 13, 2010 7:04pm
by rgs
Thx michelle
Found a few pieces last Thursday at McKinnerney-S**** one was a nice perd. My son & I had a blast digging & playing in the Llano. We wanted to go to nachos but it was so wet he did not have anything going, second choice was chrisners but he said they were flooded 2....
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 7:22pm
by KS headhunter
unbelieveable
while i was out below our appt complex to take pics of the creek about 8 hrs after the rains i noticed this 1 area that had flake after flake after flake.finished taking the pics nothing even close to what michelle or g town got. the next day i went for a short w...
Views: 602   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 4:43pm
by pat kinyon
G-town flood
A couple pictures from this morning. This is the river crossing in jonah near georgetown. This is rock quarry near the bridge for those familiar withe the area.That is a back-hoe near the dirt pile. This is mankins crossing on 29 leaving georgetown.
Views: 635   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 10, 2010 2:12pm
by SH
c
Cluton
A bunch from the last month or two!! What y'all think?
Here's one the rain uncovered!! a few more another group of em'!! some more!! action=view¤t=a7559e49.jpg" target="_blank">
Views: 612   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 9, 2010 5:07pm
by pat kinyon
s
SH
YOU GOT BUSINESS WITH BADGER ???
Today might be a good day to Email her, I think she's at home all day ( you must have seen the temporary front pg )
Views: 459   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 9, 2010 8:35am
by Roland Benavides
s
SH
TRAVIS # 1
Crashing downpours - floods - tornados - Hermime...... WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON UP THERE
Views: 456   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 9, 2010 8:15am
by Travis McGaughey
Views: 581   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 9, 2010 8:03am
by john haberer
Fall Creek, on Monday
I found these surface hunting in the creek. The 2nd one looks like a broken darl and then a scraper. Does anyone know what the 1st one could be? I also found this. It looks like it has small cut marks all over it.
Views: 543   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 9, 2010 5:39am
by SH
s
SH
CHRISNERS 9-5-10
Jesse found a beautiful Corner tang here last week. Didn't have it with him except through the magic of technology. Spyder was there begging for a handout and caught sight of the Corner tang pic...he really freaked out ! Jesse recreated the find for u...
Views: 703   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 8, 2010 12:27pm
by eric
projects
put together by my friend B. Ruth's brother in law. i thought you would like to see.thanks Gordon. all pics taken with phone not new camera.
Views: 450   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 8, 2010 12:22pm
by eric
c
Cluton
A couple from today! Please help on point ID?
Finally plowed our hotspot and I found this in the rain! Need help on point ID, it is super thin and well flaked!! Almost 2 inches long! another find, a drill I guess!
Views: 399   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 8, 2010 12:12pm
by eric
hope you are okay
Christ Michelle, I hope you can swim. I'm hoping your home is not one of those under water and you are safe.
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 8, 2010 12:05pm
by eric
duck
people in round rock are starting to grow gill's on the lighter side i'm trying to put together another dream catcher /pic i have 4 to choose from a cloud in the sky i call the spirit in the sky. i know its not much but am having fun making the catchers and plan...
Views: 313   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 8, 2010 4:59am
by SH
b
BT
What is this?
I cant post a picture but I found a flat rock in a river that has 3 holes drilled all the way through. 2 of the holes are on the flat side and are drilled through to the other side, the 3rd hole is drilled all the way through the narrow section of the rock to the ot...
Views: 346   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 8:06pm
by Spyder !
BIG B.T.
Hey buddy boy: here are a few pics of the mother load. a couple of intrest to me. THE THREAT YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU BROTHER BUT DONT EVER THREATEN ME WITH I DON'T MEAN TO RUB IT IN AGAIN.lol or i will post the pic of you showing off your guns on the back po...
Views: 435   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 9:05am
by Big BT
rufus
it's me again margaret: when your back's against the wall. and you want to go artifact hunting but you know you have to fix the garage door and the hot water heater decides you dont have enough to do this weekend you just take photo's at home. i miss being...
Views: 343   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 5:38am
by SH
A dig with Hal at Chrisners
Hal, Me and Timi had a great time diggin near you but you should have followed me and Timi when we moved. I found all this after we moved except for the darl. You forgot to mention that the Darl was a surface find. It was layin right between two occupied, previously...
Views: 509   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 5:28am
by SH
Massive burrial site near navasota tx full of fossilized remains
Hello folks....Im happy to share with those who rock hounds of the non flint type...I love and enjoy finding fossils as well as arrowheads...Here some amazing finds my father and I have made near navasota tx..... ...This is a long shot of thousands of bone and teeth...
Views: 2945   Replies: 22
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 5:06am
by SH
Views: 465   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 4:38am
by SH
c
Chris
3Lakes Ghost??
Caught this on our game camera this past week... My mother thinks its an Indian woman wrapped in a blanket holding a light/candle.... and no, we do not grow peyote on this ranch!!!! lol also .. I'll show you a few from my breading stock!... i do pond mgt...
Views: 958   Replies: 21
Last Post: Sep 6, 2010 5:03pm
by pat kinyon
searching in rocky terrain...?
Does anyone have any tips for hunting for points in rocky terrain? I assume I don't need to dig... but I don't know. There are also some natural rock holes on my land... should I look inside?
Views: 388   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 4, 2010 5:13am
by SH
arrowhead digs in east texas
What are the closest digs to Nacogdoches? I can't find anything very close and with 3 kids I don't want to have to travel too far. Thanks
Views: 426   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 1, 2010 9:18pm
by Steven Moore
e
eric
Jetta
Here are a few that were found in Williamson County. There is one that I am not to sure of and a stone that looks like a pendant but may be just a rock with a hole in it. Let me know what you think. Jetta Marshall Resharpened Uvalde??? No idea b...
Views: 516   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 1, 2010 5:23am
by SH
livingston tx
any good places to find arrowheads around lake livingston please help!! thanks!!!!!!!!
Views: 556   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 1, 2010 5:13am
by SH
Bridgett's first bird point
My girlfriend Bridgett found her first bird point surface hunting out in Palo Pinto near Turkey Creek at Leonard's place. She was pretty excited!!
Views: 507   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 1, 2010 4:57am
by SH
For Gordon - G-man
A few pictures I thought you might remember.
Views: 647   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 31, 2010 6:48pm
by BUDDY
i feel very fortunate
every year i get the opportunity to hunt the first week of deer season on over 645,000 acres of land. 9 days in paradise. i have only had this opportunity for the last 2 years. the first year i spent hunting solely for deer.the next year my wife and i hunted for arti...
Views: 578   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 31, 2010 9:21am
by Big BT
coryell county calendar stones
ok i really dont know exactly what these are but i found them a foot or so apart,what got my attention was that they have ground down edges like a arrowhead. i washed one off and seen lines all over it and then a week later came back and was telling my dad about it a...
Views: 547   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 30, 2010 8:07pm
by eric
raspberry
ttthhhppptttt
Views: 331   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 30, 2010 9:11am
by surface steve
s
SH
4 PAUL KINYON
Paul, as you have seen, I found a pendant at the Chalk bluffs. I can see it's not clam shell. The following pic is the "inside".... I was drifting through the Nacho past adventures ( front pg, little icon at the top L About 60% down little cursur on the...
Views: 605   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 29, 2010 7:10am
by SH
New to Arrowhead hunting, few questions.
I am new to this, and just had a few questions. First off, I am trying to find somewhere in the Brazos valley that I can find some artifacts. I live in Bryan/College station. Any good sites around here? Secondly, I read some posts from a year ago from a guy n...
Views: 351   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 29, 2010 6:42am
by SH
e
ep
Views: 590   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 27, 2010 5:59pm
by ep
Views: 473   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 27, 2010 7:33am
by bigbeck1817
Nice Point ! Ghostly Orbs......
I could not resist adding this point to my collection. I have seen a lot of nice points but this one fills in the case nicely. I'm thinkin serrated Hoxie and a well made example. Enjoy the pics. As I looked out the back of the apartment in Hammond I took...
Views: 520   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 25, 2010 8:54pm
by travis mcgaughey
i have issues
108 in my home town today.so close i could share a great visual.pat's p..p..paradise just 3 feet down. on 1 hand if they continue to allow the salt cedars to mass produce with the mature ones sucking out 250 gal a day a piece i will see it again,i've only seen it 2...
Views: 575   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 25, 2010 6:38pm
by pat kinyon
What is this?
I found it @ a campsite/ mound ive found multiple tools points and paint bowl near here. It has a flattend groove on either side as well as thumb grooves. Thank in advance
Views: 510   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 25, 2010 12:56pm
by surface steve
f
Fred
3 points from Chalk Bluff on Saturday the 21st
I was one of the 5 folks that braved the heat on Saturday. I found a triangular and 2 Ensors.
Views: 782   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 24, 2010 9:58pm
by Fred
Ghostly orbs.
That must be the ghost of worley past?
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2010 7:47pm
by Tom Christiansen
video of the week
missouri dalton arrowhead hunting.wooowwwwwww
Views: 398   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 24, 2010 7:10pm
by Tucker
Views: 587   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 6:37pm
by bigbeck1817
metal ore grindstone/hammerstone found in midden
dont know what it is made out of exactly,but is heavy.Any ideas? just a few scrapers.
Views: 816   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 6:43am
by SH
s
SH
PROFESSIONAL ARCHEOLOGISTS AT CHRISNERS
I came on this group digging at Chrisners today....What a story....what a way to live ! Seems they are professional musicians with the group name of " ARCHEOLOGY" from Portland Oregon, playing a one night gig on Austin's 6th street tonight at the PARISH CLUB. J...
Views: 655   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 6:29am
by SH
b
BT
Arrowheads near DFW
Does anyone know of some good sites (pay or free) to find arrowheads near Dallas/Ft Worth?
Views: 633   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 6:24am
by SH
s
SH
YO CF KING
Just reporting in: Archeologist Dan found a perfect 3 inch Clear fork at Chrisners today. Top quality and the primary cutting surface was a perfect 1/2 circle. AND >>>> I forgot to take a pic for you
Views: 492   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 6:07am
by SH
s
SH
THANKS GLEN
And merry fathers day to all.. The latest front page video is a block buster...Who Knew ( it was a casche ) ???? We the viewers uncovered it right with the finder. I had a good day I looked it up in the money book, looks like He's in the NC section and what...
Views: 483   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 5:52am
by SH
s
SH
MICHELLE SPARED THE FRONT PAGE ( maybe)
This is a "BEFORE " pic of East TX Michelle, she was threatened with a front page expose' And this is the same lady, "AFTER" Escaped the front page....UNLESS Badger needs a new "person of interest "
Views: 514   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 5:37am
by SH
e
eric
Tool??
I aquired this big ol' thing in a trade along with some other items. The guy I got this from said it was found here in central Texas. Can someone maybe give me some input as to what it is? It is 7 7/8" long and 1 1/8" thick. I was thinking maybe it was some sort o...
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2010 10:53am
by John W
c
Chris
3Lakes Ranch - found something weird......
another weekend at the ranch!.... out fishing.... face down like usual.....rock hunting as i go....picked up a few things... but this one thing.. i'm not sure of... Opinions appreciated... The texture is how it looks.. solid... the brown nodes sticking off of i...
Views: 648   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 19, 2010 7:27am
by Chris
August 14, 2010- Fall Creek
Found a good one. 81 degrees at 5:30am.
Views: 667   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 18, 2010 6:07am
by SH
b
ben
What is this?
Hope the pictures show. http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/8wakawaka/IMG_06171.jpg http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/8wakawaka/IMG_06211.jpg http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/8wakawaka/IMG_06141.jpg Not sure what this is, half limeston...
Views: 447   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 18, 2010 5:59am
by SH
m
MO
to michelle
Sorry michelle im a little slow about this i just needed some help thank you thou.
Views: 307   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2010 1:07am
by MO
m
MO
? about selling arrowheads here
how do I go about selling arrowheads here? I have several from black san saba knives to G-10 black friday knive,G-10 castrovill.There is about 40 real nice ones.WILL sell whole collections or seperate. just need some extrs money. just got laid off work! ANY...
Views: 391   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 17, 2010 3:04pm
by Michelle
m
MO
LAMPASAS SHOW
DOSE ANYONE HAVE PITCURES OF THE LAMPASAS SHOW???
Views: 448   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 17, 2010 9:03am
by pat kinyon
b
Big BT
To Pat
Hey great pics of your buys frome the show. SH is to funny with asking about the wheat you grow in your home. Me and SW went out last night going to Toenail trail tonight. Think we are going to dig around the pins. He said you are coming in this week end. Glad t...
Views: 280   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 17, 2010 8:54am
by pat kinyon
s
SH
SPELEOLOGY AT HOME !
Tehuacana gave me one of those caps with the light on the brim, invaluable for cave explorations. Unfortunatly I'm between caves right now so I was looking for another use for it....and I found one.... It's invaluable for raiding the fridge in the dead of night w...
Views: 304   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 17, 2010 6:40am
by Tehuacana
A Dusty Day at Nacho's
It was a dusty day at Nacho's yesterday. Here's SH creating his own mini-dust storm. Lots of good flint and finds came out of the site. I'm not saying that Hal found a shell pendant and a Montell while slinging dirt. I'm sure if he did he'll post it when he g...
Views: 826   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 17, 2010 5:19am
by SH
For your consideration....
....is a photo or two. Mainly just trying to figure out how to take pictures of points, but There are some nice ones in there, so 'i'd thought I'd share:
Views: 473   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 17, 2010 4:31am
by SH
For Nate- Plainview
Nate. I was diggin on your Perd Camp finds. .. I agree on the Plainview. I found one last year in the same area but not as well flaked. In fact, I was wondering if Plainview at all, looks kind of like an Archaic kinfe, NOT KINNEY, but I see a lot of similiar flaking....
Views: 376   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 8:14pm
by Idahoe
b
brad b
Is it worth digging for arrowheads
I have a ranch that I just bought a few months back in blanco county and have found around thirty arrowheads and a few tools. All of these were found surface hunting, and mainly in one area on one of the hill tops. I am thinking maybe this was an old campsite or ma...
Views: 557   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 4:15pm
by Roland Benavides
s
SH
NACH'S CHALK BLUFFS 8 / 14
Saturdays cast cast;;;;;L to R Brandon, Christy, Michelle, Mike, Tehuacana, Dennise #1.Dennis #2. Flicker. Missing for the big moment .. Dennise #3 & Jennifer ( had to leave early to get home ) Bridget ( off getting a cold one !) Great picture taking Roscoe. . ....
Views: 652   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 12:32pm
by rgs
c
Cluton
Another one hit the sifter! ID help please!!
This one came out of sand clay mix! Not sure ID! also this one came out yesterday, any ideas?
Views: 455   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 6:56am
by SH
s
SH
SHORT VERSION ,SNEAK PREVIEW NACHOS 8/14
Jumping right to the end of day finds...Here is Michelle & Mike from East TX...washing their flint
Views: 448   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 6:31am
by SH
c
Cluton
What a day! Frid 13; who said it was bad?
The sand was giving the points up today!
Views: 532   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 5:50am
by SH
e
eric
Nice Thin Kinney Knife 4.81"
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Been to busy this year to get out much. Need a little help on ID.These came off of the Little River. I am calling the big blade a Kinney Knife and I am not sure what to call the other two. They are from Milam County. The Kinney is...
Views: 712   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 15, 2010 9:17am
by eric
a few more rocks
1 bag 1 box a few tools and a few fossils.
Views: 427   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 13, 2010 8:05am
by pat kinyon
i get a little excitted
hey hal: thanks for putting me in my place. you CAN fool me. played with 2 boxes of rocks this weekend and this is what i came up with. strange as it may seem when you are in survival mode you still look for the different or the beauty no matter what.Indian's were n...
Views: 481   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 11, 2010 1:50pm
by Chris
More Creek Finds
Found the Guadalupe on the creek last Friday and today found some more brokes and a whole one surface hunting. Found the Angostura base and Frio less then a foot apart. Pretty wide span of time on these points. Not sure about the one above the Guadalupe, it's got...
Views: 559   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 11, 2010 8:31am
by Tehuacana
c
Cluton
Today's finds! Dug and sifted for first time in 4months! Bad back:(
Hour and a half of diggin produced today! Cortazone shots help, let me dig again! I was real excited to get in the dirt! Felt good till the heat kicked in, dang this Texas sun! Hope you guys enjoy, glad to hear from some of you guys and be back on the board! close u...
Views: 578   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 11, 2010 6:23am
by SH
c
Cluton
Views: 484   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 11, 2010 5:34am
by SH
Fall Creek yesterday
I found a Darl digging yesterday and caught a nice bass in the creek afterwards.
Views: 774   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 11, 2010 12:05am
by Chris Acree
s
SH
IT'S TRUE ! ! ! ! !
I had always heard that objects under water look BIGGER. Washing my flint finds of Saturday seemed like a good time to test the theory. I used a nice Frio as the test case...... WOW ... WHAT A DIFFERENCE Here's a more traditional shot .......
Views: 609   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 10, 2010 11:54pm
by Mike Warton
s
SH
DFW
What a Great spot, lets keep it just between the two of us No one else will be able to find it as remote as it is Never found the tip from a drill More report pics in the AM
Views: 513   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 10, 2010 4:39pm
by travis mcgaughey
c
Cluton
Point ID please?
Can't figure out what they are? Maybe resharpened darls?
Views: 416   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 9, 2010 6:53pm
by michael walker
and visions of sugar plums danced in his head
hey sw bt @ grant i just knew i was going to jinx myself by saying i was going to try to put together a video.it had nothing to do with the video but you have to be smarter than the machine your using. that darn metal detecting ain't easy.had no directions on how t...
Views: 377   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 9, 2010 5:44pm
by BT
g
gman
no bones about it
All, After out second weekend at Rolands( we did not find anything whole), I have a question for the experts. Why is it that we are not finding any bones at the digs near Camp Wood( Barksdale, Chalk Bluff, etc..) Up in Granbury at the Fallcreek dig we find bones in...
Views: 706   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 9, 2010 6:45am
by SH
s
SH
CHALK BLUFFS 8/7
THE CAST:: SH - BRIAN - BILL - CARLA - HOWARD - BJ - SEAN - BENNY..( ROSCOE hiding behind white vehicle ) Also part of the cast, but could not stay all day for the graduation pics,,, L to R in order of appearance :: KATHERINE - DON - DONALD - BRANDON...
Views: 543   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2010 7:41am
by SH
c
Cluton
Point ID help?
Nothin is broke on this point, but it looks like it!
Views: 337   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 9, 2010 6:07am
by SH
s
SH
Views: 459   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2010 6:11pm
by SH
Vanderpool 8-1-2010
Went to Vanderpool for the weekend caught some fish and found a few points
Views: 580   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 6, 2010 5:38pm
by Tehuacana
Georgetown Area Pay Dig?
Been asked alot lately if ive heard anything about a pay-dig in geoegetown...seems to be rumors flying around about one but cant seem to find the right person to ask...soooooooo anyone know anything about it? p.s. my email is longpineapple@hotmail.com (went to...
Views: 437   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 6, 2010 4:43pm
by Brandon
calvary outpost
i hope i don't jinx myself but a few of my buddies and i are going to try our hand at metal detecting and im going to try my hand at a video documentary wish me luck.
Views: 388   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 6, 2010 3:57pm
by pat kinyon
Rolands New Spot 7/31-8/1 Trip Report
So I have recovered from the weekend and wanted to report back on Rolands new spot. Nessa of course walked away with the prize winner…AGAIN. That girl must have some sort of point mojo chant she shouts prior to every dig the way she pulls these things. Th...
Views: 588   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 6, 2010 10:53am
by Al Christensen
Looking for Idahoe
Hey o' boy, I was up your way last month and saw this. Told the wife this must be where Idahoe lives. Had a great time up there, you live in a beautiful state.
Views: 305   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 6, 2010 10:44am
by Al Christensen
help for 2
hello all first im having a hard time believing this is a frio. second i think this is a lerma but am not for sure, it does have a twist to it. any help will be appreciated
Views: 491   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 6, 2010 7:05am
by pat kinyon
t
Tucker
Today's finds
Not much here except the huge angostura(?) base, and two busted montells
Views: 464   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 6, 2010 5:59am
by SH
j
jenni
DIgs around Granbury, Tx
Does anyone know of any sites near Granbury???? Would love to go arrow head hunting!!!
Views: 1057   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 5, 2010 1:12pm
by cliff
knapping
i have been trying to knap points for about 4 months now. I haven't had good material so i finally bought some these are my first to tries with good mterial.
Views: 491   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 5, 2010 7:26am
by SH
Views: 430   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 4, 2010 8:54am
by bigbeck1817
t
Tucker
Newest points (only 2), nice Castroville!
Went digging for a couple hours last week at the old standby, and found these. Point 1 is a sweet needle tip castroville made of some neat flint, the bottom is pure white which fades into a pinkish brown semi-translucent color. It's either strange fllint, or a discar...
Views: 504   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 4, 2010 8:08am
by Tucker
home the last few weekends
still not enough.i have been halted on my work in progress thanks to my friend S.W. because he made my wife a frame of her own.thanks alot. also myfriend went to missouri and this is what his family sent home with him. i got to go to my little retreat with big...
Views: 581   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 4, 2010 7:58am
by Gin
g
Gin
First point.
This is the first intact point I have found. Found it in our little creek, under a rock. Thought of Hal as I was moving rocks. The broken ones and scraper were found nearby. I don't get to walk the creek very much, so I am glad I found anything! Where there is one...
Views: 334   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 4, 2010 7:33am
by eric
s
sandy
artifact or not?
found these today .area is very heavy with balck dirt....??? is this an artifact or not.will continue search in the next few days for any ramaining parts
Views: 403   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 3, 2010 10:33pm
by Mike Warton
s
sandy
new find-complete "cookie".artifact or not?
afer playing with the pieces a few more minutes i was able to piece the "cookie" together to make a complete item,,,,except for a few chips here and there. the modules are evidently new growth, but will have this checked out as i said bny an aercheolog...
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 3, 2010 3:07pm
by Chris
new to arrowheads in central texas need some help anyone??
Hay all I grew up on Cape Cod in Massachusetts and arrowheads are easy to find there and well I have been trying to get back into looking but so far 2 weekends in a row I have come up empty. I don't know where to look have been on the San Gabriel river and figured th...
Views: 480   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 3, 2010 10:53am
by taylordigger
Bone Question
How long does it take for bones to decay into dust under ground? The reason why I ask is because I'm finding the majority of my points (birdpoints) 2.5 feet deep with firerock and bone. No one bleieves me that the bones are from what the indians were eating. The can...
Views: 680   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 3, 2010 7:17am
by SH
Pipe and point find from Oklahoma this summer.
I found this pipe in the side of a bank while creek walking! Couldn't concentrate for the rest of the hunt because I was so excited. Notice the raised bird effigy on the sides...
Views: 528   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 3, 2010 6:18am
by SH
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Free Forum powered by Bravenet