Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Post your smallest point

Photobucket

Re: Post your smallest point

Here's mine.
Photobucket

So, I'm retarded and took this photo without a reference. It's exactly the size of a penny. My wife took the camera to the in-laws and won't be back for a couple of weeks, so this is whatcha get. My third Catahoula from Stewart's Creek.

Photobucket

HERE'S MY TEN CENTS. . .

Photobucket

Dang that's small. What in the world were they hunting with those?

????

Knowing SH, it's a doctored photo or a giant dime.

That's kinda what I was thinking RGS. I think Hal wants to win that gold medal at any costs.

I forgot about this one. Does anyone know the type?

Photobucket

That made me laugh. I think Hal's dime is a frisbee or something.

Photobucket

I was just trying to show people that might not have a really small point to show, that with a little
clay they can join the weenie club...

Ten cent FRISBEE, HAH Here's how it was done, , , , ,

Photobucket

Just a toadstool under the dime

By way of a makeup penance. . . . Here's another 50 cents worth.....

Photobucket

The experiment did prove effective, DJ was prompted to post that beautiful Perdiz [ shame the tip is broken ]

That would explain why your dime was so blurry Hal.

SH,
That's awesome. You had me fooled.

DJ, that is corectO.... It's a focus compromise at that macro setting. I did one with the range pegged just for the point and its CRYSTAL clear
BUT the dime looked like a Frisbee

Speaking of "depth of field" [ fuzzy dimes ]. . . .

No hanky-panky from RH's scanner posts. . . [ see FRIENDS FINDS FROM CIBOLO...]

The scale quarter is so sharp it looks like you could peel it off the monitor While just the thickness of the flint, the backround towel
is beyond fuzzy SmileyCentral.com

I love learning new tricks and that micro-point shot was sweet Hal.Are there any tricks to helping the scanner focus more on the artifacts than the scale reference.I tried not using the towel background but the scans had lines all through out.

Oh yeah and what caliber was the projectile that perforated the aluminum plate background,looks awfully large.
Post such as these sure beat ones that don't even deserve mention.My grandmother always said if you don't have anything nice to say it's better to say nothing at all.

Mornin RH, I dont even own a scanner but Ive stood there many times watching expert Michelle
work the magic. Try paper backround [ white & black ]. It will take more learning but she makes the cropping look easy. I think there's a super button that can slightly enhance colors. Cut the first six inches off a $12. meaturing tape OR a $1.15
cloth milinary tape. You there M

Turnabout is fair play but it's surprising when it does happen to you, I never thought anyone would notice !!
I could say that the plate was a souvenier from January 52, Korea, while having a lucky Strike smoke break near the Frozen Chosen. A sniper bullet smacked my Zippo and lodged in a tank tread after
going through this piece of armour. SmileyCentral.com

But it's really just a cardboard painted matt black that I punched a hole through to try a special effects for flint skyshots

smallest

Good show Brad, almost looks like you smaked the tip down to fit on the coin.
If the same situation comes up again. . .
you might consider going with a quarter SmileyCentral.com

No photoshop,...no playdo, and since everything is bigger in Texas and these are form California,......
they are weeeenies.
Photobucket

Mo, thats a beautiful collection, always good to see the gem like intesity of obsidion. . .
To use your own words in your earlier posting
"what in the world were they shooting with those ? "

Your honesty in photography is very commendable but it's good to see you also have a good flare for the
bizarre "tom Foolery" Those Texas / California points
very clearly say; ; ; ; ; ;

" MADE IN THAILAND "

yeah, mine isn't near as pretty as those glassy toyahs. It's rude, crude and socially unacceptable, kinda like me.

Not sure what happenend to my first shot at this looked great when I tested it.
Surface find while scouting another possible camp with Bradp last week.

Photobucket

WHAT ??? You mean your "first shot" was not exactly as you had in Mind ?? I thought it was the elusive N TX stealth mini SmileyCentral.com

Very nice new find. . . . .

Why the 20 cents

Because I am broke and did not have thirty cents.

I figure since my catahoula is broken, I would post my next smallest point, which is a little less broken.

Photobucket

Attention DREW. . . I'm bring this ancient posting back in response to your "4th, SHELTER FINDS"
That smallest treasure on your finger tip certainly is worthy of an honorable mention.
Unfortunatly some of these pics have faded into the missing files !

http://api.photoshop.com/home_a951634a2ccc4f459a64229b424de0cb/adobe-px-assets/c34ab5a5ef934c3db0151d4d15c1a5ae

some of my smallest!

Wow,i see that Hal.Those are some very points. i plan on going back this weekend and digging in that nice cool cave.

A couple of Morans, an Edwards, a T-drill (the smallest I've ever seen) & a I can't remember in the middle.
The preview won't accept the full image, as it cut's off a portion of the image to the right. But when it's posted, it's all there, weird.
Photobucket

My smallest from Stewart's Creek in Conroe,tx

Photobucket

nice little side notched arrow point, 18mm long by 9mm wide, burlington chert, nice flaking on both sides, personal find June 09, in a plowed field near Springfield, MO.

We have a new contender !!
You all remember Paul who was hurled into the flintdom limelight as the Dad of Hunter who found the
very unique shell Gorget on an old screened THROW PILE !

Well Paul was kind enough to remember me and help me with the smallest Trophy.
Paul gave these to me at the Fred show....

Photobucket

They are from Colorado and thought to be Alibates flint

Photobucket

They are not just flakes, both sides are knapped

Photobucket

I could have got them both on the dime without any overhang, see there is space between them !
Thanks a lot Paul

I think those points were made in times of desperation Hal. Those are mouse or shrew killers. Wonder how big the bow was? Good showing there Paul.

Found by a co-worker's grandfather many years ago in Arizona.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tehuacana
I think those points were made in times of desperation Hal. Those are mouse or shrew killers. Wonder how big the bow was? Good showing there Paul.

The smallest one has found a new home with Badger.

Photobucket

A larger Riker frame would make it look more impressive

Photobucket

Good Morning!

Wanted to THANK YOU PAUL (And Hal for ) For the cutie little bird point!!!

Wonder what they used to get the rat hair from out of their teeth! These used for birds or rats or something smaller?? Grasshoppers maybe????

VERY small!

Thanks!
Michelle

I wonder about those small points. Were they made for children? Were they a fetish or symbol or offering for a successful hunt? And how about the person who found it? They must have had very good eyesight.
An excellent home for the point! Thank you to Hal and Michelle.

Brought forward 10/17/11 for a very small point found by cgb

So tiny! How do people see those things???

Brought forward 11/19/13 for another show of dwarfs