Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
engraved stone disc with the checkerboard pattern

hello fellow diggers.. im unable to upload a picture of it for now but i have about a four inch stone disc that has clearly visable checkerboard carvings on it. it is in great shape and is an excellent example. theres only three sites in the western hemisphere that have stones like this, one of which being the gault. My lease is only miles from it.. how much do you think it would be worth? i understand that the study and archaological value of these are almost priceless... thanks for any comments

Re: engraved stone disc with the checkerboard pattern

One picture is worth a thousand words

Impossible to set a price on something unseen but "priceless" seems a wee bit high for a starting price.

If all else fails and your close to jumping off a bridge, maybe just Email a pic to Mlle and plead with her to post it

alright thanks. ill have to try to email it with my iphone my laptop is down. but yea i kind of thought that it would be useless without a pic. i just know that archeologist study them more than anything and that they love finding them. but thanks will try to get it posted later on...

alright man... a little after lunch i will im pretty busy at work this morning. wondering about the new dig?

I was also wondering about the new dig.I live and dig in Williamson and Bell co.Please email me.discoverartifacts@yahoo

alright guys emails sent about new site. id be glad to answer any more questions

I would like to get on the list. If there is room please email me. A site closer to Austin would be a great deal for hand diggers. wsbritton@gmail.com. Thanks!

BCD,
I am also interested in a Williamson Co dig. Please email me also
doubleplay444@yahoo.com

gman

Hay ther Bell County Digger

You need to be able to be contacted directly. Before I have to delete it all because people are posting phone numbers in here now and that is a board NO NO . There are some buttheads that will do other things to the phone numbers.

ANYONE wanting to contact Bell County Digger needs to contact him DIRECTLY please

BELL'S EMAIL ADDRESS IS : jasonclemens84@yahoo.com

thank u michelle . yea guys if u have any questions please email me directly rather than post numbers on point chatter. i will email u directly with any questions/ updates asap.

bell cnty digger
hello fellow diggers.. im unable to upload a picture of it for now but i have about a four inch stone disc that has clearly visable checkerboard carvings on it. it is in great shape and is an excellent example. theres only three sites in the western hemisphere that have stones like this, one of which being the gault. My lease is only miles from it..

I found this while looking back at the old postings.
I have since been on the Gault site tour and They remarked on their inscribed stone..... thought it might represent the patterns of a certain type of grain ( I dont remember the name ) that was very important in their food inventory.

probably the Wheat stone. And I suspect it to be gault related, as it is nearby and one was found with a plainview. When I get back home I will try to have a friend post my engraved stones and get some oppinions. -thanks

oakhillfats@live.com would love a new dig thanks