Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mucho Pottery-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5nLbYA1cqw

Re: Mucho Pottery-o

Neat " what I did on my spring break vacation this year "
Now your really getting heavy into the pottery side of artifacting...Somewhere you might get an ID on the painted ( or even the undecorated )pieces to nail down who the people were...
Arizona Al looking at this ? Any research material help ?
That is pretty flint. You gotta get back there after every rain
Besides being pretty looking country...any thoughts about a quick metal detector sweep next trip ?

Tks for th shhhhow

Welcome to God's country travis.As you found out this is where pottery is hard not to step on. I was impressed with your flint finds. Here in Arizona I don't find much flint but the pottery here is supper. I'm in Va right now digging Civil War sites. Get back with me when I get home in a few weeks and maybe we can hook up the next time your out this way. I could take you to some neat spots. AL.C.

This was really neat. I wonder if the painted pieces had more significants then the bare ones? The good china verses the everyday stuff.

thanks everyone. it was alot of fun out there and I hope to get back out there again in the next year. You gotta pack hard because it's 21 miles from a highway and 12 miles on a dirt road up a mountain that will through you into the barditch if you sneeze on it.

Tehuacana
This was really neat. I wonder if the painted pieces had more significants then the bare ones? The good china verses the everyday stuff.

Now there's an intriguing slant ! was the most decorated china kept seperate for showing off to the other ladies at tupperware parties

Trav, if you can find enough of the same colored and textured pieces, what about making your very own complete pot ?
The following pic shows that broken still looks good.

Photobucket

the largest pot is about 15 inches across

Or select from unbroken beauties

Photobucket

I think next time I need to try and find an area where ther emight be just 1 pottery bowl. There was so much on that mountain it looked like it was all mixed with other stuff. 99% of the pottery was the same red/brown earth tone. every so many pieces i would find some with design on it. can't wait to get back up there. those pots in the picture are great. i was told that at one time there was some work done with a backhoe up there on my pottery mountain and they accidentally dug up some complete pots. I guess the best stuff is below ground.

Really cool place Travis #1! Looks like they had more pottery than you could look at. How long did you spend looking around? Has it been a place that has been searched a lot by other people that you know of?