Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A little bit of luck...Finds from 3-27-11

I did ok last weekend on my trip to Burnet County. I got my first drill ever (perd drill; its a little rough but still cool to me), a couple high quality points, a real nice little grinding stone, a chopper and a few brokes.

I believe the one on the left is a Fairland and the one on the right is a Marshall. Both are of very high quality. I almost cried over that Marshall having a broken ear.

I am not sure what the broke point on the right is. Anyone got any ideas? Maybe another Marshall.

Another close up.

Re: A little bit of luck...Finds from 3-27-11

Yes. The broke on the right side is a Marshall. Perhaps made into a graver. SWEET !

looks like you had yourself a fine day. that one in your hand that you almost cried over, looks more like a bulverde to me than a marshal. anyway you look at it your not alone, i think we all get that sinkin feeling when we find an artifact so close to perfection. dang dingers

GeeTen
I almost cried over that Marshall having a broken ear.

The original probably wasn't too happy about the lose either
The small grinding stone is a neat addition. We have called them special Manos for specialty condiment grinding, like herbs & ****es

very cool I have some that have made me say "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!".

I'm thinking that little broken ear might be worth having repaired. What do ya'll think that would do for the value of the point? There was a guy digging out there that said he would have offered me $150 for it if the ear wasn't broken off and he has been collecting, buying and selling for almost 40 years.

GeeTen
I'm thinking that little broken ear might be worth having repaired. What do ya'll think that would do for the value of the point?

Even the finest repair will not up the value any. You have no idea how nut case the true high dollar collectors are on "authenticity "

To add to your Herb Mano...I just found one myself at C3 yesterday.. Hard to see in the pic but it's got
really well used grinding flats. The smallest one I just kept cause it didn't get into the camp by itself.

Photobucket

You got some nice finds Hal, looks like you didn't have too bad of a day. I am rather fond of those little manos myself. I think they add a neat touch to the arrowhead collection.

very nice finds, hubby needs to take a fishing trip down that way lol

Hey gee10 is this from near ******* on the lampasas river? I thought about going out there how is it?

WSdrZBngSAgjX

I'm out of lgaeue here. Too much brain power on display!

xTNoFJntEIsEyC

9nyCBS qhewhkdwkzdo