Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Looking for girl hunting partner in Austin area

Are there any girls in the Austin/Taylor area who would like to go arrowhead hunting with me? I am pretty new at this but do not really have anyone to go out with me except rarely. I can provide references

Re: Looking for girl hunting partner in Austin area

Good thinking Amy, there is safety in numbers too. Got any interest in Fossils ?

Is that a trick question?

I actually do go fossil hunting! Where I fossil hunt is from the Upper Cretaceous period in the Austin Chalk and are mostly molds and mostly ammonites and stuff, but I have a neat little creek that I go to, though I have not gone in over a year because I do not have anyone to do that with me either

Here are some of my fossil finds, I do have those!

I only took a picture of this, but it was pretty cool

No tricks.. ...Just didn't want to bore you with long dead creatures..
I was a member of Central TX Paleontology Society for many years. They do monthly fossil field trips onto private areas the general public never gets on. It's free and they welcome non member guests to get a feel for the club.
Go back to front Pg..3rd row of icons up from bottom..click " 2004 CTPS SHARK TOOTH DIG " after checking pics click the blue highlighted Paleo for contact with club. Also see 4th row up, SHARK TEETH TRIPS
Point is you'll meet fossileers, and nobody will ever know if you accidentally pickup a piece of flint as your " looking down "
Some of the club members have artifact interests and nice collections.

Nice fossil pics

thats cool hal i may have to do that

Hey lunker I am married too but me and my boy like to go. Maybe we can get Ethan and Brady and me and u together once. Creek walking or chrisners or something . Surely she doesn't just hate guys right???? Lol

I will see if I can get my husband to go with me one Saturday and maybe we can all meet up. I have a 12 yo son, how old are your kids?

SH

Go back to front Pg..3rd row of icons up from bottom..click " 2004 CTPS SHARK TOOTH DIG " after checking pics click the blue highlighted Paleo for contact with club.

I just took my own advice, I haven't been over there in years. Seems the April field trip is their annual
picnic and fossil auction in a very beautiful part of Texas.