Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Finds from 4-2 & 4-3 2011

Here are some more finds from Burnet County. It wasn't quite as eventfull as last weekend but I still found some cool stuff. Found a couple buffalo teeth, what appears to be the top end of a bone needle, a scraper, a knife of some sort, a few brokes (one of which has some really cool coloring), a what would have been awesome broken black ensor, and in the middle a Hoxie (as I was told it was anyway). Let me know what ya'll think.

Re: Finds from 4-2 & 4-3 2011

Variety is good

Really like the color in that one broke. Those animals should have gone to the dentist maybe they would still have his teeth.

The bone you found is the lower end of a canid humerus or upper arm bone. The hole is the Supra-trochlear foramen and is a natural part of the anatomy of that bone.

redman
The bone you found is the lower end of a canid humerus or upper arm bone. The hole is the Supra-trochlear foramen and is a natural part of the anatomy of that bone.

What would have it come from? The top of it is only 1/4" wide at the most. It is very small bone. Any info would be great, as I am very interested in any artifact I find.

Urocyon cinceroargenteus