Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CWELL'S 5-9-11

Badger acts as scale of digging progress, shallow area in foreground is clean across ranch road.

Photobucket

No insitu, no ceremony, Larry brought this very early morning find over for a pixel record.

Photobucket

This raked out Montell is actually fully complete, It's probably the most resharpened down Montell that I have ever seen

Photobucket

John's turn next. a very nice insitu

Photobucket

Very nice Castroville base..But is there more in the dirt ??

Photobucket

Y E SS

Photobucket

If the finding is slow. gotta make the most of neat "
insitus"

Photobucket

Size 9 1/2 for scale

Photobucket

Montell

Photobucket

Sean goes D E E P under the rubble for this one

Photobucket

Working class ( Yankee) Castroville

Photobucket

Digging in STYLE..Here's John with a dirty shirt...and a SOLID GOLD CHAIN

Photobucket

Castro, barb reworked in antiquity... OH MY GOLD CHAIN FOR A MONTELL

Photobucket

Here we go AGAIN...a diminishing wall created by opposing diggers working a low level snail / flint layer

Photobucket

Finally the inevitable via duct...John actually found his Montel in this little strip...next visit he will be looking for the TIP

Photobucket

Looking through the hole at John slaking off ( on the phone )

Photobucket

J & SH finds for the day

Photobucket

Leetle closer

Photobucket

WHOA....IT'S NOT OVER TIL IT'S OVER after final graduation pics I went over to kill some time
in the 8 inches deep parking lot....
BINGO
Photobucket

I asked John to stand in for me so I could take some pics ..

Photobucket

Still enjoying the insitu but well covered

Photobucket

A very nice Castro, needle tip

Photobucket

In the shallow area rubble, John & Sean spotted a medium sized surface find.

Photobucket

Not quite "insitu",,,,Sean takes a cel pic of a nice Tarantula

Photobucket

Re: CWELL'S 5-9-11

Hey Hal it was great to finally get to dig with you. Had a great time and look forward to doing it again soon! Good times!

Re: CWELL'S 5-9-11

Nate adams
Hey hall is it oolong like there will be anything left to dig this weekend or do u think ccc is a better plan?

Wow, dont see a question like that very often

If it was me I would want to get in on whats left of that Cwell mound...it's just unique with such a density of rock...In future years, drinking beer around a campfire you can say " Yeah I was there "

Note for near future Cwell diggers. It's already a well demonstrated fact that Snail, crinckle soil, bone and flint flake strata will definetly yield a point(s). Layer is very low and TWO layers are even better [ about 8 inches between them ]
Rock hash is non producing although unfortunately it has to be looked at before tossing for the possibility
of a surprise find.

Neat wild card is the 10 inches deep 'parking lot'.. 3 full points were found there Sunday, I got that Castroville Monday. Boundary limits unknown. The 'parking lot' perfectly fits the 'experts' statement that AROUND a midden is the best area.

All this is assuming you need Castroville, Williams and Montells in your collection