Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
MEM DAY DIG & MICROWAVE

In the drywash for the holiday.

Badger flips out an early bird ..

Photobucket

Maybe not a true birdie but small

Photobucket

Badger insisted on the following pics

Photobucket

I had just moved out of this exact spot, she moved a teaspoon lump of dirt and uncovered a big base.

Photobucket

Turned out to be badly broken but it's the agravation factor that counts

Photobucket

MY turn to insist on a situ...I was widening out the channel created months ago, big plan was to dig out behind the big cedar tree.

Photobucket

WOW,,that thing is so big it was a visual jolt

Photobucket

so far it seems complete

Photobucket

Undamaged. red granite, pecked all around to shape.

Photobucket

We had big plans for a very traditional Memorial day BBQ

Photobucket

Unfortunately there was a ' burn ban ' in effect so we had to switch to a microwaveable meal

Photobucket

Other than the Mano, no big surprises, almost all bleached out working class missiles

Photobucket

Burn bans shouldn't apply to food cooking fires.

Photobucket

as long as the chefs take care to keep the fire well isolated from other flamables

Re: MEM DAY DIG & MICROWAVE

Looks like you two had a great Memorial day, along with some nice finds!

Enchilada dinner on a hot summer day? Where's the Rolaids? At least you had plenty of firewood available.

Good show Hal. Burn ban on and you're barbecuing in the middle of a dense cedar growth and large pile of dead shrubs. You sometimes go to great lengths just to get a good picture. This is one of your best. cant stop laughing

neat stuff,thanks.wonder how many pounds of flour they pounded out with that.

paul
neat stuff,thanks.wonder how many pounds of flour they pounded out with that.

PRECICELY my thought Paul, The Mano is no larger than others but about as big as they get. This one is so perfectly pecked all around Mrs lightfeather must have been very proud of it.
I took it to the local UPS store for a weigh in.

Photobucket

Exactly 2.00 pounds. Thats like using an exercise bar bell....probably no fat ladies in days of old

A LOT of CenTx Manos are beautifully shaped from hardstone....It would have been NOTHING for MISTER
Lightfeather to peck a groove around it and make a great skull blaster. I guess the idea never occured to him as it did to others in the NE USA.

Here's the washed pieces from the days find....as predicted almost ALL bleached except the relatively young Ensor. Compare to oldie Pandale in the middle.

Photobucket

Te, re Enchiladas on a hot day, it gets WORSE...the beverage was room temp red wine