Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ya'll haven't seen anything like this Arkansas find!!! Part 2 / Reply to Hoax

Hope this works http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0089.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0088.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0087.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0086.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0085.jpg

Re: Ya'll haven't seen anything like this Arkansas find!!! Part 2 / Reply to Hoax

Greg
Hope this works http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0089.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0088.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0087.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0086.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0085.jpg
Well that didn't exactly work the way I had hoped it would, maybe you can put those in your browser and see them. Hopefully you'll be able to see all of the pics I've taken of it while you're there.

Re: Ya'll haven't seen anything like this Arkansas find!!! Part 2 / Reply to Hoax

Yeah you can highlight each of those, drag, drop in browser one at a time, and see each one. I'll add some more later. I'm sure there's a better way though.

I am so confused what the heack is it please someone post a pic.

Wow...what is that??? A practice point????

Heather Payne
Wow...what is that??? A practice point????
My brother dug it up in a cave on our property. He said it was approximately 4 ft in the ground. So far a few people on another forum are guessing it's an eccentric/exotic piece. Some call it an exotic doodle. Most of them add that that is just their opinion and that it's a rare and awesome find never the less.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

rgs
Photobucket
I seen some cool stuff in there too. That's big collection 2 thumbs up to you!

Kind of reminds you of Gumby . Goes to show you man of the past had some time to express him / or her self. A neat find.

Cliff Ashbaugh
Kind of reminds you of Gumby . Goes to show you man of the past had some time to express him / or her self. A neat find.
It belonged to the secret Skunk Clan Of The Ozarks! lol

Pretty cool greg, i wouldnt rule out a skunk effigy. Dont see much flnt like that in central texas.

G-towndigger
Pretty cool greg, i wouldnt rule out a skunk effigy. Dont see much flnt like that in central texas.
Glad you like it, the only one that knows for sure is long gone now.

was expecting more but ok

sod
I'm sorry sod, how many did I send you or are you wanting me to post some more on this thread? How do I put a link to my album on photobucket? If you go to photobucket, I believe I've got it open to public. My username on there is runningbear2.

I think these are some of the best pics out of the ones I took of it. Several of the others ended up blurry because my camera has a tiny screen and I was having trouble trying to block the sun from putting a glare on the screen. Basically I was having a hard time seeing if the macro function was locking on or I was too close.

I think these are some of the best pics out of the ones I took of it. Several of the others ended up blurry because my camera has a tiny screen and I was having trouble trying to block the sun from putting a glare on the screen. Basically I was having a hard time seeing if the macro function was locking on or I was too close.

sod
Or are you saying you expected it to be something more awesome due to how I talked it up? If so, sorry to disappoint ya. For one I wanted to make sure someone got back to me about it cause I was excited to hear some other opinions of it. Secondly, well I guess I was just real excited about it period, after a lot of searching on the net and posting to a few other forums, I still haven't found anything like it nor has anyone else so far.

think maybe it was the headline havent seen anything.. or could not see pics on photobucket was expecting flint conew or something but it is cool like the black+white contrast sweet im gessing gift to young one someone dear to them. have seen some amazeing thing come from arkansas

sod
think maybe it was the headline havent seen anything.. or could not see pics on photobucket was expecting flint conew or something but it is cool like the black+white contrast sweet im gessing gift to young one someone dear to them. have seen some amazeing thing come from arkansas
I understand, I should have chose my wording better, but it did get Michelle and another to email me or else I'd have put this site to the side and kept trying others without coming back to this one. Not that this isn't a good site, I'm just not use to this type of setup and I'm not that computer savvy as it is. Michelle hasn't got back to me yet though, hope she'll let me know what she thinks soon. Sorry if she was expecting something bigger as well. I just felt it would be something most haven't seen and if they had well I'd get some better input about that as well. Thanks

did ya"ll find more stuf and how big is that cave are you in texas or arkansas i have frend with famley farm in ark with very big mound we talk about going but never have

sod buster
did ya"ll find more stuf and how big is that cave are you in texas or arkansas i have frend with famley farm in ark with very big mound we talk about going but never have
He's found several other arrowheads in it, nothing exotic looking as that piece though. He also found some pencil size cylinder shape charcoal like material that actually leaves a mark like charcoal pencils would. He thinks it's something the native Americans might have used, but I told him they are too smooth and perfectly round, surely not. The thing is (and it's a shame) there's an old trash dump about 100 feet or more off to the side and around the corner of the bluff from the cave. I asked him if it could be something from there that made it to where he found it and he said he didn't know how it could have, it was very deep in the ground and towards the back of the cave. The cave might go back 25 to 30 feet back with two entrances. When I was about 7 or 8 years old I was playing around in there and in the very back I found what appeared to be some sort of rotting uniform jacket possibly. Not much of the material was left and what was still there would just crumble in my hands, but I found some metal buttons from it that had a raised emblem of an anchor. I thought it might be something of my dads cause he was in the Air Force, so I grabbed about 4 of them and went to show him (I know it would have been more like something from the Navy,but that's just what went through my head at that age). Anyway he just said something like "nope not mine" and didn't pay much attention to it. I went out and messed around on the bluff for awhile and seen a copper head so I got dad and he killed it and with all that had occurred in the small time frame I don't know what happened to those buttons. Now that I'm older I've often wondered if it was something from the civil war, but probably not it's hard to say. Anyway back to the subject....oh yeah, we're in Arkansas. Sounds like your friends farm is around the Ft. Smith area. We're in more of the central area, Ozark Mountain region.

Neat exotic piece..That flint material with the white in black may be very common to Ark....I bought a modern
point here in Tx that was said to be made out of Noviculite ( I think that was the name of the material )

Re your last comments on cave finds " pencil sized charcoal " Thats a dead ringer for the core of D cell batteries after the jacket and outer layer has decayed off.

That's another thing I thought until I seen all of the pieces he found and they were too long for batteries. I'll have to see exactly where they were, if they were as far and as deep as he said...I don't know. He may just be getting carried away with his imagination, it's just so exiting to find something when you're digging and you know it must have been there for awhile when it's deep. But it could be just some sort of very old battery pack that got in there if so and it was as deep as he said, I'm thinking it got there before the dump site. Just don't know why or how.