Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Monday at Nacho's

Photobucket

Very rarely do I stop and get a insitu shot, but with one swoop both of these were staring back at me!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think this is my first Baker.

Photobucket

Nice little E.T.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is also my first Gorget or pendant?

Photobucket

Man, it was a heck of a day! Seen some nice stuff and some good people! Being on a table knowing that your in the right spot to find a killer is alright!!

Re: Monday at Nacho's

Great finds sandman, a lot of work but well worth it.

Well done! I need to pay more attention to flat objects on the table. That make 4 or 5 partial gorgets found during that 3 day dig. My buddy got a sweet bone bead Sunday.

Those are some real beauties. What are you calling that next to last point?
A Frio or Merrell?

Thanks G-town, the dust made it pretty tough, but luckly we had the swirling breeze that Hal was talking about!

Hey Brad, it would be interesting to see the others as they may mate up?
Maybe some of the other finders will post there finds.

Teh, I have to call it a frio not up on merrell. There was alot of frio found so I have to lean that way.

Just curious. I know there's been some discrepency on them. The Merrell's I've seen posted as authentic Merrell's had squared ears verses the more rounded ones on Frio's. I found three over at Camp Wood, all with the squared ears. Either way, still nice find.
Here's two of the Camp Wood Mission Site Merrell's.

Two in one blow ..Neato
What a difference a working camera makes!
The OverS examples of the Baker dont look much like your find.....so I went to the Doctor's book.....WOW...RIGHT ON. Good matching example and it may well be your first Baker find...the defined range looks like a few miles around Barksdale ( OverS however pegs it as going into NM.)

Another point of interest. OverS does not list a Merrill at all. The Doc's book has a very good display of Merrills which include very definite "square " ears like yours ( there was a lot of sq ears found at the site that were taken as Frio )
Merrill range shown as a wider radius around BarksD than the Baker and the Frio extending from Barks more to the SE.

Tks for the show

I'm pretty sure that's a Merrel, as the legs are asymetrical. That feature is the main classic style of the base of this newly typed point.