Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need some help IDing these

These are some of my surface finds and I was looking for a little help with IDing them. Please refer to them by number listed next to them and the page number in the upper right corner. Thanks in advance for your help!

I
2A
2B

Re: Need some help IDing these

Nice finds and good variety, could span from 250 BP to 10,000 BP Capt Jack
I'll take a shot and yield to corrections

1-2-3/1 PEDERNALES 4-5-6/1 FRIO 7/1 TRIANGLE

1/3 MARTINDALE 2/3 BULVERDE 3/3 CASTROVILLE 4/3 BARBER (?) 5/3 MORRILL 6/3 OCALA 7/3 LANCEOLATE ( type ? )

1/2B LEFORE BLADE (? a NTx - Ok item )..2/2B SCRAPER 3/2B PAINT BOWL

Of particular note;
1/2B could date to the signing of the Declaration of Independence..
1/3 & 4/3 very old, near 10K ....If correct, 4/3 quite rare
3/2B paint bowl made of Granite very unique, thats a lot of hard work, maybe it served a more dignified role like a salt container with the best dinner table settings.

Re: Need some help IDing these

WOW! Thanks so much! It's great to finally put names with the pieces, I've been looking at Stone Artifacts of Texas Indians but had not been able to match them all up. It was so cool to find out the one that you said may be a Lefore Blade is a NTX OK item, it was actually found in Bexar County. In addition, to finally have a name to reference the Barber with, I'd joked it looked like the Star Trek emblem and that Gene Roddenberry might get sued... lol. Again thank you, you've really made my day!