Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I have Onion Creek access CANT FIND DIDLEY????

I bought this house with the intent to do a lot of creek walking since onion creek is basically my backyard... I have not found ANYTHING from this creek.. Nor do I have an idea of a native camp location.. My surrounding land owners are way cool w/ surface and shallow dig arrowhead hunting just haven't FOUND ANYTHING..does anybody have any info they would share or perhaps a more productive area/spot to hunt??? I've been to all the advertised dig sites feeling financially raped every time I leave one.. So I'm willing to pay for a new spot and I have have digging "etiquette".... Please call me at 5123000191 and leave msg if I'm not around might be in shop behind the house.....or just reply to my post PLEASE

Re: I have Onion Creek access CANT FIND DIDLEY????

For starters get a USGS topo map and a soil map from your county ag agent.

im not trying to get technical here I really would just like some input on either my location on Onion Creek by the Country Club or maybe a new area to adventure or perhaps someone who knows the area and Il take them to MY pvt access on OC and ee what maybe we an get our hands into...James Wright if u read this dnt lsugh just reply because I I know you kmow where the "holy city" on the Onion is so just take me ////EVEN IF U GOTTA BLINDFOLD ME/// IL GO....THE Dirt Bros from the 80s famous "ANYNOMOUS DIGGER".... hes my GOOD FRIENDS Jessicas DAD

Well sg sounds like your about ready to jump off a bridge, in the interest of suicide prevention here's a couple notes that may help.

The Holy city is right where McKinney falls parkway crosses the R. E side now on very restricted land, W = McF state park.
Ford site ( named for a 52 junked Ford right on top of the midden ) right across from the CC ( south side. )
Re "surfacing" the Creek, 10 years ago I tried well downstream at 183....terrible, no gravel, just heavily round tumbled rock, something like a flat flint stone would have found it's way below the rocks.
Re "digging" ( locating a "new" camp area )....In that part of the world some of the finest finders in all of Texas have gone over it very carefully for the last 100 years...Dont bother peeking under the bushes for firerock, flint, snails and black dirt..
Just look for ancient test holes.

JW and friends have been a landmark fixture at the big Temple show for the last 20 years.,,,,which happens to be in 4 days. Look for them along the side wall next to the big black curtain.

Dont !

Thanks hal .... And no I won't jump I promise.... Hey what's bout the old waterslide now under the xxx place what's that all about... Weird place..I have permission thru St Albans to get into the highland overlook TONS OF DEBITAGE.....so I guess every picker under the Texas moon has tried to hunt old onion creek....huh
ANY PREDOMINANT AREAS I LIVE IN CYPRESS RIDGE W/ BACKYARD FACING THE CREEK WELL ABOVE FLOOD PLAIN but 1000s of years the plain might be different now????
Gimme a spot SH....

Well I don't believe the ford is still there since I grew up in O.C. and never seen a junked ford south of the cc??? Maybe u can show me???? Huh SH? I'm really not into this secretive part of my newfound hobby...??? But thanks for the reply could u restate where the "holy city" is or was ... But I. Extremely interested in this junked ford on top of a midden NEVER SEEN IT.... I've scouted those woods for 15+ years...interesting SH ... INTERESTED YES I AM

Lets see how you make out with the expert, JW, at the show Saturday. Whether your there or not I'll be talking to him and tell him your looking for him.

He knows where to find me ask his daughter but yes I do plan on doing some talking w/ JW at the show SH.....I'll seen what I can pick out ta him this time....

Hey SH there is plentry of gravel and palm sized rocks ALL around my area of the creek.. There is a very sharp turn in the creek w/very high sandy embankment then a lot of sandbars before and after with ALOT if OLD willow trees around.. There does happen to be a lot of holes that are VERY WIDE buy fairly shallow....re:SH..LOL. ..MY ADDRESS IS SHINNE**** HILLS RD IF U WANNA GOOGLE MAP IT AND SEE IF YOU STROLLED AROUND THAT AREA OR PERHAPS ARE INTERESTED IN TAKING A HIKE THrU THAT AREA I CALL MY "PART" OF THE CREEK

Look for feeder creeks that join the main stream....