Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A TOTAL FLINT IMMERSION WEEKEND

Saturday Morning, a couple hours at the big Temple artifact show ( where Dwain Rogers was holding court )

photo DSCF8668_zpsa7911b21.jpg

Then a short drive to the C3 ranch for some scratching in the dirt. Quite a few diggers all 3 days

photo DSCF8687_zpsd4281bc6.jpg

A new trench waiting for explorers. At least wile I was there, most of the attention was still at the original but newly cleaned out area

photo DSCF8652_zps3016ce0f.jpg

I arrived late Friday and found Max & William hard at work. Both had some finds and said that 2 hotshot diggers were there in the morning and really got some nice points before leaving.

photo DSCF8651_zps8a8e6fee.jpg

Here is an extremely rare event captured through the magic of pixels....
Idahoe Bill actually WORKING

photo DSCF8669_zpsa9e6cf39.jpg

Mid morn was already time for

photo DSCF8673_zps36214ad2.jpg

By noonish it was time for some more serious shade.

photo DSCF8676_zpsd5a2cc35.jpg

Kirk got this small Catan ,, then with cameras not rolling soon after found a nice Triangle.

photo DSCF8686_zpsdb216a14.jpg

This is our finds to Ida leaving.
In addition to a perfect Okall a point, note the painted rock Ida "found"...
Last year I "found" this painted rock while digging at Starr. ( Ida had made it especially for me )...I saved it and RE planted it...turnabout is fair play

photo DSCF8680_zps60b76dcf.jpg

3 1/8th " . . . . . Not sunbleached, both sides a glossy pure white.

photo DSCF8681_zps04233d1e.jpg

Side story...
Through careful examination of the cell phone records and security camera footage in the area, we found out that one of the successful "hotshot" diggers Friday morning was our very own 'Flatbed'

Re: A TOTAL FLINT IMMERSION WEEKEND

Very cool sun bleached point. We had plans to go to the show but found out done unfortunate family news do we made a detour north

Re: A TOTAL FLINT IMMERSION WEEKEND

Travis McGaughey
We had plans to go to the show

Well at least "planning" is getting closer to going...maybe next year