CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Casa Ybel Looking Up

Agree with everything you wrote
We just returned from week 18 in 203G and 19 in I 159.
We had a very nice time and the resort is ib very good shape and seems to hve benefited form the insurance after Charley.
We had few issues with chairs and umbrella's [Walk- on's stealling the chairs] but the issues were solved by the staff and by being pro-active myself and asking the people to move and standing staring until they did move
Seemed to work and no one was aggressive.
So I think you just hold firm and people understand the chairs are rented by owners and not free but they just try anyway and if no one acts to move them they have free chairs for the day.
The resort also credited me for the day's it happened.
Nice thing was no red tide,no algae,and the beach was the nicest we have encountered in many years.
The safes are nice addition although ours would not open one night as we headed off for dinner.
I thought "here we go a... big headache,but in 5 minutes Todd from maintenance was there and opened the safe and we were on our way.
He explained that safes are very sensitive and if anything is leaning against the door on the inside they will not open.
Overall we still have a first class resort,the staff is enforcing the rules of no food and beverages near the pool and doing their best to keep control.
Casa is still a great vacation place for families and our son in law ,daughter and new grandaughter who visited for the first time and he is used to big expense account travel was very impressed by the place and surprised by the "Hawaiian" feel to Sanibel/Captiva area in general
Overall we had super ,restful time and made quite a few new friends and renewed old ones.
Just thought people would like some comments that are positive and up to date

Hugh McGowan