CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Password Protected Form? Is it best?

Pat
There are subjects non-owners need not be made aware of , so I think the password protection was a good idea. What bothers me is that only a small percentage of owners are aware of the site.

Could you write a short article to be included in each SandScript mailing advising the owners of the existence the OWNERS web site? Why is something of this importance being kept such a big secret from the owners???? Thanks

Hello,

I came back to this post because when I first read it I thought this was one of the best posts I have seen on this site in years.

We have password protected a site that gets very little use, if any at all. If Carl is not sending out Emails you can easily count the number of posts in any month on two hands. Normally few people with multiple posts.

Carl you mentioned in an earlier Email about $1.00 a month per owner to maintain this site. I think you mentioned $3500.00 a month. So I assume that means there are 3500 owners. How many requests for passwords have you received?

I check here often for pertinent news about CasaYbel and quite honestly find nothing.

We have just returned from Sanibel Week 35. The place as always is amazing. Also the Noseeums---pardon the spelling are alive and well.

Rich Zylka

Rich - your spelling looks good to me. I agree that since Carl password protected the owner's forum there has beeen absolutely no commentary of value to even bother to look up the password to log on and read. Even with the occasional poor posts we had in the past, at least we had discussions of meaningful value.

I realize some of those discussions probably could have scared off some potential renters, but this is a step in the wrong direction in my estimation.

I personally vote to return to the old non-password protected format.

Let's see how many others respond.

Ron

I still feel that this site should be password protected. However, the password we were given was too complicated, and meant having to look it up each time, so I did not bother.

All we need is a simple password that can be easily remembered without having to look it up. Then,I think, the forum will continue to recieve the usual traffic.

Rich

I do not see how you can say in the same topic that Casa y'bel was great, and that the no-seeums were active. One cancels out the other, and it is the no-seeums that puts off my wife from coming.

I have asked on various occasions for suggestions from members as to how to stop the no-seems, but nobody has, so far, come up with a good answer.