CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PROPOSAL FOR NEW ARRANGEMENTS WITH WWW.CASAYBEL.COM

This would be a $42,000 annual expense as it's presented here.

Given some of the other posts about $100,000 being high for Hilton's services, I think $42,000 is a bit high for this aspect of marketing.

Most owners do not realize how large our Casa Ybel budget is, the way they are expressed by Hilton.
How many realized much the Hilton billing for the Charlie hurricane damages, as a simple $500 pr owner mounted to an almost 2 Million Dollars payment by the owners towards damages. Our building funds,which also were cashed in the Millions created so much cash that we wondered if the Hilton Insurance paid anything at all?
The cost of a full service web does amount to money, but if every owner earns back at least the management fees by renting, we are talking at least half a million Dollars return to owners.
Our prsent fees for Hilton's maintenance of the units are soon costing more that a vacation will cost every place else on the beach with no ownership and taxes involved! Something has to be done for the owners!

Hi Carl,

I have commented on this issue before and I will say it again. My husband and I agree that something needs to be done. The sooner the better. I don't understand why owners don't seem to care about maintaining our website. I have a feeling that most owners rarely if ever go here so they aren't even aware of the situation at hand.
Maybe there should be a one-time email/ or written letter to all of the owners outlining the situation and the fees.
Then maybe you'll get a response. It's amazing that owners wouldn't be willing to spend such a minimal amount per month/year to get the job done right!
We as always appreciate all of your efforts and comments.
Beth and Ira

The biggest reason is that the website does not, nor has it ever belonged to the owners! It has always been a product of carl appleberg's and used to spread a lot ofmisinformation and stir up bad feelings. See his recent comments on the hurricane repairs and the budget.

I am surprised by your feelings about my attitude, and that I am feeding misinformation.
The web is open for all, and I appreciate correctins if you tell me I am misinforming you. Nothing is written in stone, I have have never defended my own attitudes and will change if you convince me I am wrong.
That goes for all owners who have free access to express their particular feelings, and nothing is censored to suit anyone in particular.
I would appreciate owners leaving their e-mail address
which serves as a proof that they stand by their statements.
We do live in a Democracy and any sign of nasty personnal attacks will be removed by our web master.
I offered the web site to the Board at the last meeting, but my offer was turned down.
I have not seen a report from the meeting yet, and cannot say why it was turned down, as almost every e-mail expresses a desire to accomplish this wish of "Web site by the owners for the owners".