General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sigg or no Sigg water bottle?

I can tell everyone two things about the "good" water bottles I've used (and I'm not in love with any of them)...

1. I let a friend of mine put wine (white wine) in one of my Sigg bottles. Even after washing it several times it still has a scent in it. A pleasant scent, but still...huh?

2. I like the idea of the Klean Kanteens, but I've personally found them to be a royal pain for the child's sippy cup top: a bazillion parts and you have to take them all apart to clean completely (can you say stinky milk?) . Plus, I was hoping the sippy lip part folded down. It's weird that it doesn't have a cap for it - I haven't had any leaks out of the sippy lip part, but I've been very careful just in case.

My 2 cents...

I personally love our stainless steel Klean Kanteens. It is too bad that the sippy top is not ideal...it could be better, but it has worked for us. It would be good if it had a cap to prevent leaking. We now just use the adult sports lid that you can suck out of. My daugher has no problem with that, but she is at an age where she can open and close it. Stainless steel metal bottles don't keep scents or flavors.

I am guessing your Sigg has a wine scent because of that plastic liner in it. It must have absorbed it a little.