Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Eczema Treatment Help

Hello A1 and all,

I just checked with my Chinese medicine practitioner (acupuncture and
herbs), and she says Chinese medicine can indeed help with eczema.
It's mostly the herbs, but acupuncture can help a bit, too.

If you'd like to contact her for more information:
Lorrie Meyercord
Lorrie@LorrieAcupuncture.com
(650) 284-5560

Her web site: http://www.lorrieacupuncture.com/

Take care,
J1

(NOTE: this exchange started over email but I thought it would be of interest to others so I transferred it. I left out real names since the authors didn't post it themselves. -- Janice of GreenMoms)

I appreciate Janice's concern for privacy, but I'll gladly identify myself as the J1 above.

A couple more suggestions, from a new member – I get mild eczema on my fingers and hands, which flares up immediately if I wash dishes or do similar chores without wearing gloves. So try cutting back on the baths if you haven’t already, and keep the bath temperature on the warm versus the hot side if possible. I often just give my daughter a quick spray over with the removable shower head on non-bath days before she goes to bed. (This also saves lots of time, water, and heating energy!). And I suppose you already know that using very mild soap can help. When it gets really bad, I use a prescription ointment from the doctor which gets it back under control.

--------J2

(NOTE: this exchange started over email but I thought it would be of interest to others so I transferred it. I left out real names since the authors didn't post it themselves. -- Janice of GreenMoms)

An acupuncturist I went to a long time ago for an unrelated problem suggested as an aid for eczema cutting out acidic foods like coffee and tomatoes, but I couldn’t do it since I love them too much (especially tomatoes)!

Going to Hawaii also helps, with all that warm humidity in the air ;).

I just wanted to thank you all for your suggestions and recommendations. I will definitely apply them.