Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: unknown ax ? from Gaines County

thanks Larry, I tried to send thru this site and I guess since I dont use Outlook Express email it didnt go through. I know a lot or most of the points and items found in Gaines Co. were brouhgt in from the Indians passing thru..I also know that when Quannah Parker was here he had a meeting of several different tribes and therefore it would explain why perhaps so many different types have been found here. I just like to post what we and others find because i think they are intersting and I think others would like to see them.

Re: unknown ax ? from Gaines County

Sandy like the axe makes me wish I was lucky enough to be the proud owner of it. Looks to be a rare find congrats.
Double grooved axes do exist, but are rare. Searched on yahoo for double grooved axe and got 105,000 hits did not look far as the first site had one that was papered by Mr. Dickey. So it looks like they are rare as hens teeth but do exist.